Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - urgent help needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

urgent help needed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: urgent help needed Reply with quote

hi i have just had a phone call from mojacar my friend has had her passport stolen she is in a real panic icon_cry.gif as she does not know were to go to sort this mess out icon_cry.gif or what she has to do to get a replacement she is short on cash as she is due to fly home on thursday i can send her money but she is on her own does not speak spanish icon_cry.gif and is lost as of what to do please can someone advice me as she needs to act fast thanks ...
View users profile Send private message
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has she got relations in the UK ? tell her to get a police receipt saying she has reported the stollen passport
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,go to www.ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/ , all the information you will need can be found here.
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
Has she got relations in the UK ? tell her to get a police receipt saying she has reported the stollen passport
yes she has gone to the police st in garrucha this morning but she does not know were to go from there she is in a right state icon_cry.gif
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbob wrote:
Hi,go to www.ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/ , all the information you will need can be found here.
yes thank you jimbob ok she just needs to know were the nearest british embassy or cons to mojacar is?? to try and get a replacement of some kind to be alble to fly on thurs day?
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All she has got to do is get the letter from the police, when she gets to the airport [Spainish one] show the letter they will take her to a room to confirme with Garrucha police that it has been reported stollen , so get this letter, phone parents/friend in the UK tell them to phone customs at the airport in the UK she is arriving, they will be ask the time of arrivel of the plane, also the discription of the person with NO passport ie colour hair,colour eyes how tall ect, the customes/imigration will then look out for her
NO problem so tell her not to worry , just get the letter from Garrucha
I went through this 10 years ago when my daughter and family had there passport stollen so tell her NOT to worry
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
All she has got to do is get the letter from the police, when she gets to the airport [Spainish one] show the letter they will take her to a room to confirme with Garrucha police that it has been reported stollen , so get this letter, phone parents/friend in the UK tell them to phone customs at the airport in the UK she is arriving, they will be ask the time of arrivel of the plane, also the discription of the person with NO passport ie colour hair,colour eyes how tall ect, the customes/imigration will then look out for her
NO problem so tell her not to worry , just get the letter from Garrucha
I went through this 10 years ago when my daughter and family had there passport stollen so tell her NOT to worry
ok pottsy she has the letter she has just called me but the police told her she needs to go to malaga??? to the british cons there?? is what your saying 100% because iam worried that she may not be allowed to fly with just the police letter has anyone on here had this happen recently if so please help me to help her...
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy the policeman has just told here that there is know way that she will be allowed to fly with just the letter icon_cry.gif that she must get to the british cons in malaga icon_cry.gif can anyone please advice us as she is a young girl on her own and in a real panic icon_cry.gif
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilley, why don't you contact the airline she is travelling with and find out exactly how they will handle this. If they are okay with the letter, get them to email this to you so she has something in writing from the airline, Im sure she will be fine, my uncle left his passpost in my villa a few months back, didnt realise until he got to the airport but after a bit of tooing and froing he was allowed to travel, so she will be fine.

Last edited by cab2 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she is at the police st now speaking with a senior officer i said i will call her back in 15 mins if i get any info????
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cab2 wrote:
lilley, why don't you contact the airline she is travelling with and find out exactly how they will handle this. If they are okay with the letter, get them to email this to you so she has something in writing from the airline...Im sure she will be fine, my uncle left his passpost in my villa a few months back, didnt realise until he got to the airport but after a bit of tooing and froing he was allowed to travel, so she will be fine.
thanks cab 2 i have done that and they have said the letter is no good to them as if they allow her to travel they will get fined iam trying to get the passport office in victoria london for advice but can not get hold of them icon_cry.gif
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lillygirl wrote:
cab2 wrote:
lilley, why don't you contact the airline she is travelling with and find out exactly how they will handle this. If they are okay with the letter, get them to email this to you so she has something in writing from the airline...Im sure she will be fine, my uncle left his passpost in my villa a few months back, didnt realise until he got to the airport but after a bit of tooing and froing he was allowed to travel, so she will be fine.
thanks cab 2 i have done that and they have said the letter is no good to them as if they allow her to travel they will get fined iam trying to get the passport office in victoria london for advice but can not get hold of them icon_cry.gif

Strange, who is she travelling with? has she got travel insurance, cant they help?
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cab2 wrote:
lillygirl wrote:
cab2 wrote:

Strange, who is she travelling with? has she got travel insurance, cant they help?
she is on her own i have just spoke to the british conslate in malaga and they said she needs to get there for 10am tomorrow morning and she has travel insurance but what help will that be for a stolen passport?? thanks cab2
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What airline is she traveling with ?
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um travel insurance usually covers lost or stolen passports and the company will be able to give you more accurate advice then you get on a forum, if she wants compensation she will have to advise them of the loss. You didn't say what airline your friend is on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: