Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - urgent help needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

urgent help needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spanishlady
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: stolen passport Reply with quote

I am sorry for this young lady and hope she gets her travel documents sorted quickly

I understand that this is of no help to her but I have scanned my passport and emailed it to myself so that in the event of loss/theft of passport, I can quickly get required information from old passport to aid the process of obtaining a new one. I also email details to relatives again to help if I lose my passport or cannot get to a computer to get passport details. I have only done this since I had my handbag with my and my dog's passport stolen. It seems that whatever information you can leave with relatives is helpful in cases like this. I also do this with credit cards

Good luck to this young lady
View users profile Send private message
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
What airline is she traveling with ?
monarch pottsy
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: stolen passport Reply with quote

spanishlady wrote:
I am sorry for this young lady and hope she gets her travel documents sorted quickly

I understand that this is of no help to her but I have scanned my passport and emailed it to myself so that in the event of loss/theft of passport, I can quickly get required information from old passport to aid the process of obtaining a new one. I also email details to relatives again to help if I lose my passport or cannot get to a computer to get passport details. I have only done this since I had my handbag with my and my dog's passport stolen. It seems that whatever information you can leave with relatives is helpful in cases like this. I also do this with credit cards

Good luck to this young lady
thanks things are getting sorted she is going to get a car and drive to malaga overnight..
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
What airline is she traveling with ?
monarch airlines...
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ishe has got to collect a car at 3pm today is going to drive to malaga then i have booked her a nice little cheap hotel in malaga on booking .com for the night so hopefully she can get back to mojacar for 3pm tommorrow and she has calmed down at last icon_lol.gif thanks for all the advice folks icon_surprised.gif
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see any problem,the airline your friend flew out on had to provide the advance passenger information to get out off the UK ,so it is ON the airlines records so providing she now's her last name, the airline already has it ,the letter just confirm's that it is stolen, just get family to phone her arrival airport in the UK with her discription
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
I can't see any problem,the airline your friend flew out on had to provide the advance passenger information to get out off the UK ,so it is ON the airlines records so providing she now's her last name, the airline already has it ,the letter just confirm's that it is stolen, just get family to phone her arrival airport in the UK with her discription
yes i know what you mean but she just wants to be 100% sure pottsy
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't wast my time going to Malage, the best they can do is translate the letter
lillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
I wouldn't wast my time going to Malage, the best they can do is translate the letter
know pottsy they give her a emegency passport they have told me if she goes to the airport without this she will 100% not be allowed to fly
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Is this post for real?????????",......."I had my passport stolen in Alecante and flew to the UK with a letter from Guardia Civil !!!,........as a aside, she wont even need that just as long as she has UK ID (driving licence) for example!!!!!,.....my Hungarian niece has just been over here for one month and she has 'never' owned a passport!!!!!,..she flew home again from Manchester last Sunday on ID alone!!!!!!!"

http://www.myartprofile.com/Ejay

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lillygir

Did your friend get back to the UK alright or is she still in Malaga awaiting for the letter to get translated !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what into
susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot see why all the fuss either.
My inlaws lost their passports between leaving the apartment and arriving at the airport.
A few phone calls were made by the airline, they were given a letter a to give to uk border customs and were allowed to fly. There was no real problem either end. Just a bit of hassle and anxiety for them.
At the end of the day Spain didn't want to keep them there and - we are all in the european union afterall.

susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is quite possible. A lot of airlines will accept I.D. cards from certain countries instead of a passport. British citizens do not have recognized I.D. cards therefore we are only allowed to fly with a passport. Even on inland flights. i.e London to Newcastle. etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: