Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Flooding in Vera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Flooding in Vera
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ejay ,I know you are telling it like it is and I appreciate your honesty.But there are times when you need not speak your mind as this is unhelpful to those that are in trouble in this instance.Sometimes its best to say nothing at all than to speak the truth in my opinion.
View users profile Send private message
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fully with you there Jimbob,...but that whole area has a history of this happening!!!!!,........people should take advice from 'experience' and not the words of cash hungry agents!!!!!"

http://www.myartprofile.com/Ejay

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking to get out to Vera Playa ASAP.Can anyone tell me if the roads and motorways are open from Murcia airport please?
superdon
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this lot of flooding been caused by inland rain filling the rivers? How's mojacar and more particularly marina de la torre and the golf course?

We are heading over on Monday (fly to almeria) and my in laws are coming in from Alcante. Are those routes ok?
Patsy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the non-toll motorway is closed around Puerto Lumbreros (diversions in place). The AP7 (toll road) is ok until Los Lobos...so I believe you need to get on and off at Aquilas. The road was free yesterday....not sure about today.

Tricia
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejay wrote:
I'm fully with you there Jimbob,...but that whole area has a history of this happening!!!!!,........people should take advice from 'experience' and not the words of cash hungry agents!!!!!"

I have read 1973 was the last time flooding of this devastation occured. Did you protest when the land was sold for building Ejay?
vcdove

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any body know if the Fuentemar development at Vera Playa on the Vera road from Garrucha has water and electricity still working? I need to fly out and check the damage but I don't want to if there are no services. Any information would much appreciated.

VCD
rosada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment there is no water apart from the swimming pools and am not sure when the water supply will resume. I believe most of the houses now have electricity.
vcdove

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rosada, are you aware of the extent of the damage on Fuentemar?
Patsy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Services or no services, if you are on ground floor, I would get out to check the damage.

Tricia
Dotsyanne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Pueblo Laguna Reply with quote

I remember Pueblo Laguna being flooded about 25/26 years ago. Many of the people were ferried into Mojacar and I put a family up. I distinctly remember that it was because of flooding from the sea. Not rainfall.
rosada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends where your house is situated. Some have not been affected at all, others have had anything between 2-4ft of water inside the house. Houses at the front are probably the worst as this is where it hit first. There is still substantial water in ours as the front door cannot be opened and we are going over on Wednesday. Will probably need to drill through the wall to release water before we can gain access and then god knows what awaits us!
vinpaul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to drive from Murcia airport to Los Gallardos or are detours necessary and if so what route should I take. icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_cry.gif
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cab2 wrote:
ejay wrote:

I have read 1973 was the last time flooding of this devastation occured. Did you protest when the land was sold for building Ejay?

Did you 'check' before you purchased??????????????????????????

http://www.myartprofile.com/Ejay

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have read two different reports on the internet that say you can go on the toll road but have to get off and detour at Aguilas the other says that you have to detour at Los Lobos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Mojacar & Area All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: