Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Flooding in Vera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Flooding in Vera
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejay wrote:
cab2 wrote:
ejay wrote:
I'm fully with you there Jimbob,...but that whole area has a history of this happening!!!!!,........people should take advice from 'experience' and not the words of cash hungry agents!!!!!"

I have read 1973 was the last time flooding of this devastation occured. Did you protest when the land was sold for building Ejay?

Did you 'check' before you purchased??????????????????????????

Yes we did, and thankfully on this occasion we are not affected, but who knows what lies ahead for anyone with a property in Spain. Why all the question marks icon_confused.gif one would be quite sufficient.

You have not answered my question, did you protest when the land was sold for building or when building started on Pueblo Laguna?
View users profile Send private message
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should I protest ???,......Quote:-Why all the question marks one would be quite sufficient.:- end Quote,....."ooooooh I'm feeling tension here!!!! icon_razz.gif ,....get a life sweetie!! icon_wink.gif ,...."sad, sad and sadder than sad!!!!" icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.myartprofile.com/Ejay

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ejay"]Why should I protest ???,......Quote:-Why all the question marks one would be quite sufficient.:- end Quote,....."ooooooh I'm feeling tension here!!!! icon_razz.gif ,....get a life sweetie!! icon_wink.gif ,...."sad, sad and sadder than sad!!!!" icon_rolleyes.gif[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification.
lmjohn
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
people have lost lives here, many have lost their homes and possessions. Time to stop crass point scoring I think.
My sympathies go out to every one over there. I wish I was over at my property to see if I could help in some small way.
Take care and keep safe.
LMJohn
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wo ! Wo ! Wo ! Come on now guys !.There's far too much sh*t going on in Almeria at the moment for this.Dont allow yourselves to decend into this petty squabbling nonsense.Please !
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A7 is closed at Puerto Lumbreras and the AP7 (toll road) can be used part way but I believe (if I understand Spectrum correctly in their special programme yesterday) that you have to come off around Agulias.

Vera is inaccessible from the Garrucha road (bridge passed the garden centre is down) and the small bridge near Puerto Rey is also down so Villaricos and San Juan is very difficult for travel.

Mojacar is virtually unscathed - I came across the viaducts from the M/Way 520 exit on friday at 11am (from Almeria airport) -- never seen anything like it -- a raging torrent flowing down the rambla taking everything with it - and not too far from the top of the viaduct bridge itself. Could not get through Turre on the back road to Mojacar - had to go across the river in Turre (another unbelievable sight - raging waters) and use the 'new' road to get to Mojacar. The old Mojacar road was under 2 or 3 feet of water just outside Turre as the river had burst its banks there.
Beautiful morning this morning (sunday) - but no water in our house since yesterday afternoon (Moajacr Playa).
Spectrum's website provides helpful info.

cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbob wrote:
Wo ! Wo ! Wo ! Come on now guys !.There's far too much sh*t going on in Almeria at the moment for this.Dont allow yourselves to decend into this petty squabbling nonsense.Please !

You are quite right Jimbob, I do apologise and feel for anyone caught up in this mess.
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting unconfirmed reports via Facebook that there is a woman missing in Vera Playa and it is Diana Dudas that ran the Alkemi beauty salon.
vcdove

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that she was missing yesterday she was working in the shop when the main body of water hit and that road was where it was most powerful.

VCD
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dailystar.co.uk reports that the missing woman is Diana Dudas and that they are searching for her since she went missing on Friday.
vcdove

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm flying over on Thursday to check my property on Urbaisation Fuentemar. Is the road from Almeria to Vera playa open?

VCD
rosada

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, heard about this on Friday evening, she was in her salon so not looking good.
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard the sad news that they have found the body of Diana Dudas.so so sad-sorry.
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm flying over on Thursday to check my property on Urbaisation Fuentemar. Is the road from Almeria to Vera playa open?

VCD

Yes - you should be ok on the motorway and off at Vera.....B/Villas roundabout is closed so you may have a problem as the bridge just outside Garrucha on the Vera road is down.
Good luck with your inspection - hope all is ok for you

jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to let anyone know that Victor at Victors Bar Las Buganvillas will be able to put you in contact with a cleaner/handyman.I have managed to get a key to him and he has kindly put me in contact with an out of work barman that has lost his job due to the flooding and I am most grateful for this as I am not able to get out there for a few weeks.

Last edited by jimbob on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Mojacar & Area All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: