Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravenbird
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual Reply with quote

I had my purse stolen recently and my RED medical card was in it. I applied for a replacement which arrived today and it is GREEN.
Someone told me some time ago that it was necessary to change the red one for the new green type but I was told by someone else that it didn't matter.
When my friend renewed her lost card about four weeks ago she received another RED one.
Is there a difference or relevance between the two different colours does anyone know ?
P.S. I am a pensioner and my friend isn't so that may make a difference perhaps?
View users profile Send private message
Legin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the difference is but me, my wife and our 2 children all have green cards - as I am an early retiree I pay into the Spanish Social Security system.
ravenbird
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Tarjeta sanitaria Reply with quote

Please ignore my original post. On double checking I have discovered her new card is also green and not red, my mistake. I misunderstood. The codes on the new cards have been changed to show whether you have to pay a percentage for the prescriptions which mine now does. Apologies.
mbehoey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Tarjeta sanitaria Reply with quote

Can you tell me where I can apply for a tarjeta sanitaria. I live in the Vera/Garrucha area. Many thanks.
jfj
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Tarjeta sanitaria Reply with quote

mbehoey wrote:
Can you tell me where I can apply for a tarjeta sanitaria. I live in the Vera/Garrucha area. Many thanks.

You can apply for one via your local Centro de Salud
Legin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Tarjeta sanitaria Reply with quote

mbehoey wrote:

It depends upon your circumstances. If like me you are under 65 then you need to get on to the Social Security System first. This involved going to the Scocial Security Treasury Office in Huercal-Overa, then the tax office, then back to the Social Security Treasury office. Then once I had got a social security number I applied for the Health card at the INSS office in H-O. However, if you are receiving a (UK) state pension then you probably only need to take you form S1 to the INSS office (together with the usaul mountain of paper (padron, passports, residencia/NIE).

PS I got assisstance from somebody that knew they system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: