Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Funeral Plans
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Funeral Plans

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adeline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Funeral Plans Reply with quote

Hi All

Can anyone advise of choice of company for taking out funeral plans. After looking on-line and seeing ads, I tend to favour Iberian.

Sorry not a cheery subject, but something we want to feel is covered.

We are moving near to Turre (Cabrera).

Many thanks any personal experiences good and bad are appreciated.
View users profile Send private message
Gretch
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adaline, when one of our friends died, his funeral plan paid for the funeral, but then his wife had quite a lot of ‘incidental expenses’, which were not covered by the plan!
We had funeral insurance, but stopped it in favour of life insurance, now when we die, the funeral will be paid for and there will be money left over, and it’s cheaper than the funeral insurance.

Worth thinking about?

Gretch
Adeline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gretch,
worth looking at alternatives.

If anyone else has experience of Iberian I would be interested to hear. Not sure but as we are both now in our 60's I think additional life insurance could be expensive.
kianda
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Gretch. I've been quoted €39 p.a. for life insurance of €5000, and €71 p.a. for cover of €10,000. Believe me, that is easily going to cover the cost of a big cardboard box at the crematorium, and a few ashes taped to a big firework, with the rest being sprinkled at sea near my home town.
There will be plenty left over for my OH to have a good time! Just a little extra....
Adeline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kianda that sounds very reasonable for the level of cover, do you mind me asking what company that is with, we are both just over 60 so will that be difficult for us? You quoted p.a. Per annum.? Or monthly?
keith77
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Any one know the cost of a burial or cremation so as to have an idea as to the level of cover needed.
regards
Keith
kianda
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adeline it was the per annum premium. My emails have gone crazy so I'm trying to find which company but I think it might have been Liberty Seguros. Will check and let you know!
keith77 any basic without frills service will cost a few thousand euros! I genuinely only want a cardboard box, no ceremony, no flowers etc and off to the crematorium so with fees etc I would expect it to cost around €3000.
Adeline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kianda much appreciated. Will check out Liberty Seguros as it looks like a good option. I agree with you, keep the funeral costs down, plus maybe a wake in the pub!!
kianda
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_lol.gif No fuss, no fees, nobody looking at me after I've gone, no undertaker nonsense except to shovel me into the cardboard box, no flowers etc. Simple and quick, leave the money for those who can appreciate it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: