Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Wimax and Next Internet
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Wimax and Next Internet

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Phones and Internet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaze1
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Wimax and Next Internet Reply with quote

Hi all,

I realise there have been other posts on this forum about these, but both are quite old now and I was wondering if there has been any changes.

I am looking into getting internet installed in my apartment in Mojacar, the options as I see them are fixed landline (with Telefonica etc) or a WiFi service with either Wimax or Next, as I am not a full time resident the option of being able to deactivate the latter Wifi whilst I am away is obviously a benefit and a reduction is cost.

I have heard that Next is not as reliable as Wimax. Does anyone have any experiences of either they would care to share with me?

Also, installation costs seem to be quite high (250 Euros), is this normal or do they run offers?

Thanks in anticipation
View users profile Send private message
nfm2862
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: WiFi Reply with quote

I have my internet access via Next Comunicaciones in Turre.

The installation was quick & easy & generally the availability is very good apart from a few outages due to technical issues.

However, the customer service from Next has, at times, been appalling. If you are on the vacaciones package (switch on/off) they will not respond to emails, which I find incredible.

I don't use it for downloads, just for emails & watching tv since the satellites moved.

I would rate it at about 9/10 for the actual internet provision & 3/10 for service from Next.
walkerm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

250e setup does sound alot, I assume that includes the IPTV set top box?

Maybe worth trying Total Entertainment Turre for a price & service comparison.

www.totalturre.com

I keep putting off the installation of the vacation package so would be interested in knowing how you get on.
Adeybrown
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Next Internet, if you are on the vacations package the customer service is absolutely appalling and basically non existent !!!
blaze1
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The 250 does not include an iptv box, it covers just the installation and a wireless router.

Since my first post, I've also heard of other problems with Next, so I've decided to go with WiMAX and have arranged for my installation early February when I'm next out there.

I'll report back after then

Cheers
rossiterm
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Next is mentioned there sometimes seems to be some confusion - I think because it was / still is possible to contact Next directly - or otherwise it might be via an agent?

We contacted them directly -Next Comunicaciones

We paid 100 euros for internet incl installation and I think that was still the price last summer. I would be surprised if it's gone from 100 to 250 ?

However if you opt for their Vacation TV deal and don't already have internet - then price could be 250 I suppose as then you get the IPTV box too of course

We've had mixed experiences re customer service - sometimes good, sometimes less than!
blaze1
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I may not have made myself clear, the 250 installation fee if with WiMAX, I wasn't sure of the installation costs for Next
blaze1
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Update.....

WiMAX arrived this morning as planned, the two guys were here for about a hour and a half, put up the dish, routed all cables to where I wanted the wifi router and all up and running no problems.

250 installation cost, and I'm on the vacation 8MB package at 25+iVA a month, and 5 when I'm not here.

So far so good, no buffering using via my iPad or android tablet connected to the TV.

Hope it lasts!
rossiterm
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for the update - it will be interesting to hear how things develop after a few months, or perhaps if you're there at Easter when could be busier.

We had problems with the most popular tv progs last autumn so whether it's better in quieter times, we'll see.

As said elsewhere on a different posting

"Unfortunately, there's a lot more to the net than just having a faster download speed. We have a 20 Mb link and still get buffering. Basically, there are too many other things that can result in the buffering problem."

You had two technicians, we had only one from Next - who did an excellent job - maybe that's why it cost you 250 euros!

Good viewing!
blaze1
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also surprised they put up a small'ish dish as opposed to a pole with a small box on top.

People have said Next use boxes while WiMAX use dishes, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Cheers
rossiterm
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also have a smallish dish installed by Next so don't know about boxes on poles!

We had one when Next first connected internet and then they exchanged it for a different type when we added Vacation TV to our package.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Phones and Internet All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: