Almeria Travel Mate

Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Jolly Gel Cubes.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Jolly Gel Cubes.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pool chap say most go for heat pump system , but reading up on them they run with a ratio of 4 to 1 which means 1/ K watt to run 4/ k watt output , so the same running cost as gas , so in your case stick to gas
Water solar mats you will need over 500 sq feet space , which I use on my flat roof above pool it produces about 20 kw per hour, two hours either side of midday in UK summer with sun shining 3 days in a row to get to 90f, loosing 3 degrees a night , so you will have to stick to gas as your best option
View users profile Send private message
jbsupplies
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Tablets in skimmers Reply with quote

NO NO NO.
You have been lucky. I know lots more who have not digging up the patio to replace pipework is not where you want to be.

Chlorine should enter the pool via the return jets introduced as the last process after heating. Filtration etc.
The concentration should then be at it's lowest on returning to the pump via the skimmers.
You are trying to kill bacteria in the pool so this is why it should come in one end kill the bacteria and return via skimmers.
Any questions please send me an email. ...Regards Dave

jbsupplies
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Pool heaters Reply with quote

Heatpumps are by far more economical than oil or gas.

Check the COP ratings COP of 6.5 indicates 6.5kw of heat energy for every kw of electrical energy consumed.
Solar cannot operate successfully in low ambient temperatures... some Heatpumps will operate at -10Deg.
+ you need a large area of solar panels around 50% of the pool area and south facing but then only 50% effective unless they track the path of the sun.
A solar Pool cover can increase temperature by 5Deg.

pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

''Just ordered some solar units very cheap when I have done some test on them will report back on there efficiency''
Well a good 6 months have passed and the weather in August;September was rather dull around midday , on the odd sunny days these ''door '' matt's [42 by 42 inch solar units ] produced 600 watt's off heat energy up until the 9th October
The test was done using a 30 liter drum, a fish tank pump pumping through a half inch pipe through this unit , 10 degrees lift was obtained the same as a 12volt 600 watt electric heater over a 20 minuet period [ as the car battery was starting to go down with it's energy so that was the time span ]
Putting glass over the unit did NOT make any difference, which was a surprise
The unit was placed on a trampoline with bubble rap underneath this unit [ so as to stop heat loss ]
The OUTSIDE temperature on the 9th October was 61f , water tem was 52f , 20 minuets later water went up to 62f and 20 minuets later still it went up to 72f , the heat loss due to outside temp was then to much
Final outcome is that I will be ordering 200 worth of these units this coming summer and lay/fit them to my new roof that I had fitted last September
Any questions please reply , hope 2016 goes well for everyone
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Pool heating Reply with quote

Hi every one, latest on my solor heating , the 10 mats I put on a while ago , two decided to leak so cut them out , would not buy them again , best to buy half inch hose pipe from Amaxon and lay them on the flat roof in a circle , I have 8 circles about 600 ft long so get plenty of couplers from Lopez if they are still open , the weather has been great here in E London the past few days , water started off at 50 f, after 3 days of sunshine it is now 77f [25c ] had to give it a little shock treatment to get the chlorine colour up to normal and added two tablets to skimmer and been running the pump 7 hours a day , NO leaks have been seen yet , so after 45 years still going well, have to purchase some pool cleaning gell to give the water some sparkle
All have a great safe swimming season ahead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Swimming Pools All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: