Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Offensive language in the chat rooms
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Offensive language in the chat rooms

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeGibbs
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Offensive language in the chat rooms Reply with quote

Hi all,

The chat room has, in the last few days, been abused by a minority of people with offensive language, often of a sexual nature.

This is a family web site and all parts of Viva-Alemria should be suitable for anyone using us. What's more, the purpose of the chat room is for people to make friends and find out more about Almeria.

I have now put a notice at the top of the chat room to warn people from using offensive language. People will be banned from using the chat and forums if they do so. I have already banned one person today becuase of this.

Thanks,

Mike
View users profile Send private message
jojo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I agree wholeheartedly ....sexyslut seems to have logged in and didn't say a word.....but I think the intentions were crystal clear!!

jojo
Ahana
Viva-Moderator
Viva-Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: warning Reply with quote

Hi All

If anyone has any complaints about people's behaviour on the chat, please drop me a PM about it. I shall get in touch with the offender and pass the complaint on to Mike Gibbs as Site Admiistrator who can then deal with the matter and warn/ban them.

Anyone who fails to heed my PM warning will be named on this site and subsequently banned automatically. Warning: don't bother changing your login name... it won't work!

As to the forums, and as you all know, I regularly "prowl" to ensure things are kept friendly and nice for everyone. We like to think this is a site that everyone can log into safely, kids included, and no bad language or any sexually explicit subjects will be tolerated.

It's a shame we have to post messages of this nature. Up to now things were going really well, with a lot of respect and helpfulness between the members. Everyone seemed well pleased with it. Don't let anyone spoil it for you or "force you out" - complain. We'll deal with it asap. Promise icon_smile.gif

Cheers,
Ahana - Moderator
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear hear...
Nikvin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

šLike the new warning Mike, but perhaps, bolder letters!

Jojo, you may not have been around when s.x.s..t logged in, and thought his/her intentions were crystal clear, but I was in when the language became totally foul, and not just that, totally vitriolic attacks on strangers, who had said nothing to cause it!
steveossy
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike and Ahana!
totally agree Nikvin! Late last night was totally uncalled for!
However the 3 remaining adults dealt with the matter in a sensible and appropriate manner with both dignity and respect for each other!
Hopefully we will return to the great site where people can make friends, share information and have a laugh! icon_biggrin.gif
Steve
Nikvin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really ,the best approach is to ignore any such "chatters" and send them to Coventry ( no offence to anyone that comes from there). Though that is easier said than done I must admit icon_lol.gif . If no one responds, any such person will hopefully get the message, before they get banned!

No doubt, some will keep reappearing under different identities,from different computers. But that sort of person, gets their sick fun from people responding. So they should be ignored and PMs sent to Ahana and Mike Gibbs, in order that they be banned asap
jojo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again..

Well it seems to be have been 10 times worst than I imagined.!!!!! icon_confused.gif ....I was not there when anything was said/typed.....the name on its own was enough. icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

Hopefully back to normal now icon_biggrin.gif
specialguy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Mojacar accommodation Reply with quote

Hi All
Looking to holiday in Mojacar from 6th May for a week. I have not booked a hotel or transport from the airport to Mojacar.

Looking for a room to stay, any ideas, information or advice welcome, never been to Almaria before so looking forward to it
Any ideas or advice please say

Thank you
truered

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_biggrin.gif Hi EVERYBODY i am new to Viva Chat i am looking to move to Almeria in January 2007, so looking to gain info and advice from people already living there, judging by the response from Mike and other members to the mindless morons who have been using the site to exercise their silly immature pathetic braindead level of conversation i can see i am in good hands.
shelly58

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i have to agree the chatroom was once fun where a lot of us always met to have a good old natter and banter with each other ....ALWAYS in fun....but then came along shall we say a couple of idiots who decided to annoy people and goad them into retaliating back (me include...short fuse i'm afraid icon_redface.gif ) ......now it must be months and months since us regulars got together like we use to which is a great shame....i for one miss the fun of the old days in chat.

shelly
seagem
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_biggrin.gif Hi Shel, where have you been ?? I was in the room last night, talking to Guest1. I missed them two idiots. What was it all about ? icon_rolleyes.gif
How's life in UK ?

Christine
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss everything me , all above my head icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_smile.gif
Debrich

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in chat room last night chatting with Seagem. It was one of the best friday nights that i have had in ages. lol. icon_lol.gif We had a real good laugh. I would rather chat than post a message on here. In my opinion there is to much back stabbing on these threads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Viva Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: