Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - irish vrover
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

irish vrover
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheggy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: irish vrover Reply with quote

the irish rover is not the same we need clare,allen and andrew and all irish dancer's
View users profile Send private message
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean ..... drinks are over priced as well.
bevdur

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: irish rover Reply with quote

went for sunday lunch to irish rover in feb , not particularly happy with service etc .food was cold . they didnt have some of the items left eg roast potatoes, mash and werent putting any more on . had to ask for table to be set . no one came to ask if we wanted any drinks . wouldnt go there again
paulmatthews
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In stark contrast we went on Sunday and the food/carvery was very good. very hot and there was loads of veg and four choices of meat.
Devils_Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the Irish Rover when they have entertainment on and dont mind paying their inflated drink prices when its on.

I see they have reduced their menu to more of a snack one see they must be having trouble competing with the likes of the Beachcomber next door as they now offer a competatively priced menu of the day. Dont get a false sense of security. The drinks will push the bill up greatly, they are not cheap. A bottle of house wine in 9 I think.

I think the new Shenanigans, three doors away, must also be causing problems for the Rover as they are quite busy when they have entertainment on, some better than others I would say, and prices seem ok.
I see also Shenanigans are doing horse racing and sports, especially Irish sports, DA.
DavyCrocket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Irish Rover over the weekend and was not impressed at all, at least not the food or drink prices and measures were not good. Like DA said if there is entertainment one wouldnt mind paying the extra.
Davy.
Devils_Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in hospital for two nights with food poisoning and very unwell at my apartment for another three days.

At the weekend I spent a couple of hours at a bar where I enjoy listening to and watching the entertainment. I dont usually eat there but because I didnt want to leave and was hungry I ordered food.

It was the only food I ate that day except for toast and jam for breakfast at home and I know now this food is ok.

Within two hours of eating the meal I was in the hospital.

I will not be eating at the Irish Rover ever again, DA.
jovie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DA , you might be casting aspersions that are incorrect.
Years ago I too ended up in hospital...for a week..because of food poisoning.
The doctors said whatever had caused my problem it could have been anything up to 3 days prior to my being hospitalised.
Everywhere ,and what, I had eaten during that time scale was checked out . Source though was never found although it was known from the culture they grew it was not from the food I ate last.
Surely the hospital will be checking out cause of your food poisoning in case of an outbreak. When my husband was hospitalised with Legionnaires once again everywhere was checked. They were very thorough.
Source of husbands problem was our irrigation water......potentially deadly.
paulboulton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We too had a bad experience with the Irish Rover. My wife had the chilli and was throwing up all night. No it was not excess booze!!!

We have not gone back since and I know you cannot be certain it was that meal but it does seem a coincidence.
DeeBee
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family and I have visited the Irish Rover a couple of times and both times have sat there waiting for ages to be asked what we would like to drink icon_eek.gif Don't mind waiting if it's busy, but it wasn't. We ended up walking out and going somewhere else to find a drink. Won't bother going there again.
NormanM

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no connection with the Irish Rover, nor do I go there, but to accuse them of causing your food poisoning is a bit risky!

Most folks don't understand that the incubation period for food poisoning ( the time between eating the affected food and symptoms appearing) is usually more than 24 hours. Two hours is just not possible, except in the case of a chemical, rather than bacterial source.
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of the Irish Rover and never have been, but I think the term 'food poisoning' is being used a little loosely here!!!!,...........food poisoning will take a good 24 hours to manifest itself, and it will also put you on your back for a week!!!,........but, someone with a 'delicate' stomach can be ill after only a few minutes of eating something that was 'off'!!,.....sadly this is commonplace in Spain due to the weather, it has happened to me on several occassions, particularly with sauces and mayonnaise based food!!,...........my advise would be, unless you know and trust the restaurant, only eat what you can see is fresh, and avoid any sauces!!!!!!.

http://www.myartprofile.com/Ejay

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
JoeP
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have eaten in the Irish Rover on several occasions. Furthermore, I have often had a drink there. Great place to be when Irish sport is on television. (Gaelic Football, Hurling, Munster Rugby - none of your poncy take a dive premiership footballers on fat cat salaries) Any ill effect I endured was of my own doing (too much drink and loved every drop).

Any food I received there was well presented and brought to our table by good humoured, affable English ladies. While I am a fan of real Spanish Food, I cannot say a word against food in the Irish Rover.
bomagdrink
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me ,neither have been going there now for a few years, never had bad food, and as joep said, they only sickness i got was to much jameson, GREAT SPOT.
zipskoot
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we were in the irish rover 3 nights ago the food was ok the entertainment was good but the drinks were a bit expensive,but at least there is a bit more going on there and it gets a lot busier in summer,had a meal at the beachcomber and was a bit disappointed at the size of the portions but the food was ok.we had 3 meals at the mediteranio restaurant and we think they take some beating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Mojacar & Area All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: