Almeria Travel Mate

Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Has anyone taken huma to court and got there money back?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Has anyone taken huma to court and got there money back?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Almanzora Country Club, Cuevas Del Almanzora
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leeandjo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Has anyone taken huma to court and got there money back? Reply with quote

Hi, I know some people have taken Huma to court and won but did they recieve there money after?

Thanks
View users profile Send private message
Karen1701
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee and Jo

I know from another website that there are many so called "owners" on ACC who have taken HUMA to court but are STILL waiting for their money, some as much as 6 months later! Those that have had their money back, have still to receive the initial depost and apparently have to sue again for this. As far as I am aware, the majority that have sued successfully have also received 6% compensation. I can PM you with the other website details if you wish - there is a lot more information on there regarding HUMA and ACC.

www.freewebs.com/casaella
jackb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much new info on Acc or Occ what are buyers doing.
Karen1701
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There certainly isnt any recent news on VA jackb but I'm sure there are plenty of people still fighting for their money out there!

www.freewebs.com/casaella
RAN
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting posts on EOS about Almanzora.

A very informative post for anyone taking Huma to court...

Someone settled with Huma before the hearing without interest...They had no bg so decided to cut their losses.

Never heard from them again..court date now re scheduled.

If you do decide on court action then the advice is see it through.

daviesabogados

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE HAVE ALLREADY RECEIVED SENTENCE IN FAVOUR OF TWO OF OUR CLIENTS.THIS IS A SENTENCE ORDERING THAT ALL MONEY IS TO BE PAID BACK PLUS INTEREST. JUST AS IMPORTANT. IN ONE OF THE CASES WE HAVE ALLREADY PLACED AN EMBARGO ON A PROPERTY OWNED BY THE COMPANY THAT WHAS FREE OF CHARGES.(this basically means that these clients are now home and dry (IN MAZARRON).AS SOON AS THE OTHER CLIENT HAS OBTAINED NIE numbers I am confident we will achieve an embargo on a free of charges property also.

daviessolicitors.com
Val123
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as the original amount paid (deposit, installment and interest on that money) I take it that Huma will be ordered to pay your clients' costs?

I would think that some form of compensation should be in order too.
emminemm63

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Money owed by Huma Reply with quote

Hi , is anyone out there using Miquel Gonzales Raya as their solicitor in an effort to get money owed to them by Huma ?
I am just about to concede in my fight to get £20.000 back that Huma owes me.
The original court case ruled in my favour that this Scum-bag (Huma) indeed owes me this money ! Two years on...still no money.
Last year my solicitor tells me we have to take a new course of action, that is to go back to the courts and try and acess this money from his accounts.
This is to cost me another £1.700 in fees to my solicitor ! I paid £500 last September...now Senor Raya wants £1.000 , hes kindly going to waiver the odd £200...hes a generous guy ! He tells me there is no guarantee that this case is going to work and in fact he might have to try and get money from the Banks for not supplying full bank guarantees for all the money paid as deposits. I expect this will cost even more solicitor fees !
What I'm saying is there anyone else out there in the same position as me ?
What are you doing....carrying on paying solicitor fees or pulling out and letting Huma get away with this robbery.
Please I welcome any views on this subject.

Ian
JudithBarnes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: ACC re-start Reply with quote

Has anyone heard any more about Ferrovial re-starting the building. If they did I think that could present the opportunity for those without bank guarantees to get their money back. Cannot understand why it is taking so long for the building licence to be granted
Ken
almanzora96

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have they started building at almanzora c c yet ? in my ignorance i asked this question, i signed up to buy in april 2004 opted out 2006 because of all the foreseable problems. managed to get most of our money back in february 2007 (minus interest & solicitors fees ec ) so count our selves as one of the luky ones after seeing what has happened to date.
almanzora96

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almanzora96 wrote:
have they started building at almanzora c c yet ? in my ignorance i asked this question, i signed up to buy in april 2004 opted out 2006 because of all the foreseable problems. managed to get most of our money back in february 2007 (minus interest & solicitors fees ec ) so count our selves as one of the luky ones after seeing what has happened to date.
jflmolina
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

almanzora96 wrote:

I don't think so. And it will not happen for a long, long time. Now they have planning permision (for many less properties than expected) they have to go "the legal way" to convert rustic land into urban, which is not made from day till night (don't know if this idiom exists in English, but you may understand the meaning).
On the other hand, they have lots of angry buyers asking for their money plus compensation, interest... lots of court cases going on, that they have no chance to win (I mean Huma)... and the market is far beyond freezing point. I have even heard of people now asking to take Huma to the penal courts, instead of waiting any longer for some money that is nowhere, despite having received "pagarés" that have not been honoured by Huma.
All in all, more of the same. Time goes by, and we are just seeing what some people told would happen and some other people didn't want to believe.
A shame for the area, though, but just another brick in the wall that is putting potential buyers back from buying their dream holiday home in Spain.
I hope the future will be a bit better than this, if they manage to change things (after they change politicians and get better ones, which is also a dream).
Have a nice weekend.
icon_wink.gif

almanzora96

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that information jfl, best regards mike. icon_sad.gif
hibiscus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this on another forum

lenox Post subject: Re: Almanzora valley: The avalanche of homes in the dockPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Location: Mojácar According to a report in today's El Almería, over a thousand properties on the Almanzora Country Club in the municipality of Cuevas could be declared illegal and, in theory, torn down. The newspaper says that over 100 million euros have been spent by buyers - mainly Brits (as usual) - as the Prosecutor has laid charges (delito contra la Ordenación del Territorio contemplado en el artículo 319.2 del Código Penal) on Alfonso García Gabarrón, administrator for Easur, S.L.; Antonio Subiela Hernández, ex administrator for Huma Mediterráneo, S.L.; Carlos Parras Martínez, representative for Ferrovial Agromán; Juan José Parrilla Cánovas, ex President de la Confederación Hidrográfica del Segura and ex Councillor of the Autonomous Community of Murcia; as well as the architects Diego García Sánchez, Enrique Domingo Pérez, José Francisco Bernal Alarcón and Trinitario Garcerán.
Homes built in 'Llanos de Jordana' in 2005, if the prosecutor has his way, to be demolished at the cost of the accused plus the companies involved.
http://www.elalmeria.es/article/provincia/825118/mas/mil/propietarios/viviendas/una/urbanizacion/podrian/perder/su/casa.html

euroman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello we have been conned by huma out of 38k for deposit on acc, went over on 3rd of nov 2010 to look at Mazzeron cc still looked same as 5 years ago bo more rundown no shops no golf not even tarmac roads.

next went to Almanzora cc looked like a bomb site, the show houses have been trashed all fixtures stolen/removed the half built homes are stripped bare huma have given up here.

finally Oasis what a place to find!!!! just like 3 years ago, no sales people a few sad looking shells of bungalows, no heavy plant or builders, looks like a mini Acc done on the cheap.

if huma owe you money these assets are worthless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Almanzora Country Club, Cuevas Del Almanzora All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: