Almeria Travel Mate

Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Is Huma going under ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Is Huma going under ?

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Almanzora Country Club, Cuevas Del Almanzora
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tristan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Is Huma going under ? Reply with quote

It's all very quiet here !!! There are rumours that Huma are in a dangerous position financially. It is being said that workers are not being paid. Very worrying for us.

What I don't understand is, we have always been told that our money was in separate account at the bank and would not be handed over to Huma until we received the keys to our property. Now, the bank is refusing to refund our money, how can they be allowed to do this. Does anyone have any answers ??

Does anyone have any information about Humas assets. They must have land and personal properties.
View users profile Send private message
dunedin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is, the bank will have the title deeds to any land or property they own as security against loans and overdrafts. You should push the banks if you have a bank guarantee, as they are responible for honouring it.
lrihan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Huma going bankrupt? Reply with quote

Hello haven't posted before but regularly log in to see what progress there is. Our current position is that we recently sued the bank and got all of our money back, this was in December 2008.

We bought a property in 2004 with friends and as I said through a solicitor got our money back, but are still pressing for the legal costs and compensation. Whether we see that is another thing.

We were in Spain for new year and went to the site, there were two security men there, and the site is looking very unkempt, trees dying, etc.

On Friday we received an email sent to lots of customers I think, from a company employer, who wanted to warn us that Huma are going bankrupt, the staff haven't been paid since November and they are getting rid of staff.

Don't know where that leaves everyone but I am glad we have got our original investment back.
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, we too received this e-mail.

One of the guys on our list is owed 40k the other 119k,

One had a bank guarantee, but it was not renewed, so he doesnt think he will see his money.

How can this happen, that guarantees are not renewed, what a long firm, give out guarantees, then dont renew, then keep your money.

My solicitor cancelled my bank guarantee in return of part of our funds, then the remaining monies in the form of a cheque bounced, and they didnt ask our permission, what a scam

Dont hold out hope for the town plan, there is no money or company to build it.
dunedin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above could be true, but could also be another scam from Huma to put people off pressing for their money.
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I dont think huma CARE what we think, in fact they have s***t on loads of people, me included

thats why I believe this to be true, esp as I KNOW that the water was cut off for ALL properties on the Mazzarron CC because Huma did not pay the bill after collecting money from the residents.
robbo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got our money back at the end of december, after 2 years of trying, we eventually executed the bank guarantee at the beginning of september, our bg ran out on the 14th october, it took daily phone calls to the solicitor for about 2 months.
We still have the 3005 euros deposit to get back plus interest, but our solicitor seems reluctant to try, saying would cost more to take to court.
I am of the opinion I would sooner use it in court costs than Huma have it, as i said to solicitor, if 200 people do not bother they are quids in.

What started as a dream ended a nightmare, the only good thing is with the pound to the euro at the moment we got more back than we paid.

icon_smile.gif
RAN
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently work on OTCC has stopped.

The information from a purchaser said that their solicitor had informed them of the builder being in financial difficulty.

It goes on to say that a new builder is taking on the build and THEN the bank guarantees will be given.

Why would another builder take on this build?
Prices have crashed,there is a global recession?
Who is going to finance this?

Appears to be another load of false promises to stall even more court action.

I said from the beginning the cowboys were in Tabernas.

dunedin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Ran is correct in his assumption.
With over one million new build unsold properties on the market, which in some cases have been reduced by up to 35%, why would anyone in their right mind take over a project from Huma at any price, as they have now received so much bad publicity from their tactics at ACC and MCC towards their clients, that the only way they will ever escape from the reputation they have gained, is to set up a new company with a new company name, using the vast amount of money they have taken and moved out of the company. I fear for those people involved with Huma as I feel the writing is on the wall for bankruptcy any time.
I also believe that one of the many reasons for Spain's financial situation, is the "Poor and slow, 3rd world legal system they have", allowing corrupt people and companies like Huma and their associates to play with peoples lives, which has lead to a lack of confidence throughout Europe for those wishing to by in Spain.
miles
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Dunedin. Reply with quote

You've hit the nail on the head Dunedin.

A nation that has everything going for it,has through laziness killed the goose that lays the golden egg.

For a decade the Spanish have had a massive receipt of funds from the richer E.U nations to help them build their infrastructure. The richer northern European nations who bankrolled all this, have had their nationals repaid by seeing their aspirations of having an honestly bought "place in the sun" repaid disgustingly badly by dishonest agents (Some British) developers and builders cynically destroying their dreams through their greediness.

Ireland had masses of money too from the E.U. Yet you can buy a home in Ireland without any real worry of being ripped off. So what's the difference between Ireland and Spain?

One has an honest legal system,and the other doesn't. One is accountable and the other isn't. One cares about it's reputation the other will sit on it's hands while it watches honest people lose their life savings.

It's truly disgraceful, I'm glad I'm not Spanish.
Boogaloo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miles
Your post sums it up exactly and expresses the way many many 1000's of people feel about the Spanish property sector.
For sure, anything negative happening there today is much of their own making.
Yes we can all blame credit crunches and downturns but factually the Spanish had us all eating out of the palm of their hands and would have continued to do so without any hesitation. Their property sector was so strong and powerful they could have very easily ridden out any down turns. We all wanted a piece of the Spanish life and to some extent would pay over the odds for it as long as it was legal, honest, and safe.
Sadly not so for many who purchased there. It collapsed in planning termoil and corruption , demolitions and greed - and the world now knows.
Not only buyers, but even the tourists are running scared and going else where. Why? you may be renting an illegal property for your holiday and get ripped off 7 for a beer.....
Anyway a massive advertising campaign is on the way to attract tourist back and the EU meps are on the property scandal case ........so that will really put things right won't it.....

Poor Spain eh !!
hartcjhart
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7eu for a beer icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif
where the hell was that
reidpj
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puerto Banus????????????
billmiskimmin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dublin!!!!!!!
cleverclogs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only money kept seperatly is the money that is guarantted by BG.

If you do not have BG. you need to sue as soon as possible.

We used daviesabogados, solicitors/barristers and got our money back.

www.daviesabogados.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Almanzora Country Club, Cuevas Del Almanzora All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: