Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Vanishing post
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Vanishing post
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VickyA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Vanishing post Reply with quote

I got an email from viva

"You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "dog owners in general" at Viva-Almeria. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic."

When I cl;icked on the link it said the post was gone but I can't even find the topic. I tried the pet, living in Almeria and chat, where there was a thread ranting about bad dog owners, which was probably it.

There was some friction on the thread but nothing that bad and my posts were polite if I posted. So was the whole thread deleted? Isn't that a bit high-handed? And some explanation would have been welcome. Silent deletes inthe night are a bit sinister.

Ahana
Viva-Moderator
Viva-Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Vicky, there was nothing whatsoever wrong or impolite with your posts but the thread was getting serously out of hand and, at the end, quite offensive. I was also receiving PMs about it. I had every intention of giving an explanation this morning as the deletion did take place very late last night - your post seems as good a place as any to do so icon_smile.gif
I do not enjoy deleting posts, let alone entire threads, but sometimes for the good of the forums in general this is necessary.
You needn't worry you missed anything constructive about the topic itself as any post that arrived after your last one had nothing to do with the subject in hand.

mozzieblue
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god you are here to look after as all, god bless you.

www.indalo-computers.com

Powered by the penguin
View users profile Send private message
CherieB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here Here.. though I can only shudder in horror at what the last post could have contained...as the C word...the P Word AND the B word contained in some of the earlier posts didnt raise so much as a eyebrow for our saviour.. icon_lol.gif
mozzieblue
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CherieB wrote:
Here Here.. though I can only shudder in horror at what the last post could have contained...as the C word...the P Word AND the B word contained in some of the earlier posts didnt raise so much as a eyebrow for our saviour.. icon_lol.gif

I don't see what's wrong with cucumber partridge and bounce.

www.indalo-computers.com

Powered by the penguin
VickyA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a very rude joke about cucumbers and nuns.

jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go on then
VickyA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the definition of frustration. A nun in a cucumber field icon_smile.gif

mozzieblue
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VickyA wrote:
It's the definition of frustration. A nun in a cucumber field icon_smile.gif

How many more times! No humor outside the designated joke area!

To the moderator don't threaten to delete my posts again, if I wish to use the quote facility I will. If you do not want people to quote others' posts remove the ability to do so. You only did it because I have made it clear I don't like you or how you moderate, which seem to be based only on your own whim and personal likes and dislikes. I know this because I have asked others to quote their little hearts out and you have said nothing to them. I point out you were wrong and poke you a little and you respond in a childish silly manor, which is fine so long as you do not try and use your little bit of meaningless power for your own personal gain. I quote other people posts because it helps me write my posts, to keep what I want to say in order and get it on 'paper'. When dealing with topics a little more complicated than "when are the shops open" one needs to get ones arguments logical and ordered. Quoting other peoples posts helps me do that and is easily ignored by people who do not need to read what the other person has said.

You seem to be frightened by any kind of debate. Myself and good old Victor Meldrew had a fun argument about dogs, along with an important debate about safely and the law. It was a little personal at times but that adds to the fun (btw I don't dislike Victor, in fact he is one of the smarter people here and I am sure we would get along well together). You seem to have taken offence at that. Very strange behavior indeed. You threatened to deleted the debate. Why you did this was beyond me. The only reason I can think of is that you didn't like the fact that people were debating nor that it was a little robust at times.

I have no doubt you will delete this post (I posted it here because it was the most relevant thread and I didn't want to start one just to air my views about you.) This would have been PMed but you posted on the forum (something a moderator shouldn't do, two accounts one to post of to moderate)

www.indalo-computers.com