Almeria Travel Mate

Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Jolly Gel Cubes.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Jolly Gel Cubes.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atallatall
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Jolly Gel Cubes. Reply with quote

I have just used Jolly Gel in my swimming pool filter here in the UK.The pool wasn't used last year,or cleaned, and was full of pine tree needles.Wow! I am so impressed.It has been hard work,lots of raking ,sweeping,emptying filter baskets every day for the last week and a half,but it is now clear.I have my pool back!The Jolly gel is excellent ,I cannot recommend it enough.
I suppose the motto of this story is clean your pool every year.even if you do not plan to use it.Two years muck is very ,very hard work.Oh, and put a winter cover over your pool,especially if you are near trees !!!
View users profile Send private message
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a building over mine and to stop condensation I lay a floating cover on the water , when I open it up for summer it is nice and clean , just a couple of chlorine tablets in the basket and within a few days ready to go, 3 sunny days in a row with my solar device and we are just under 90f
Beachcomber
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not put chlorine tablets in the skimmer baskets.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been doing it for the past 40 odd years , the large 200 version,the tablets disperse the correct amount of chlorine , take about a week to vanish
Beachcomber
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the reasons stated here:

http://blog.intheswim.com/swimming-pool-chlorine-delivery-systems/

the high concentration of chlorine will damage the very fragile collector pipes at the bottom of the sand filter.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another gadget to flog , I have had no problems with my 20k liter pool, the second suggestion that site suggest sound's very danger est to me , the tablet takes over a week to dissolve with no moving water 5/6 days with pump on 4 hours a day
Beachcomber
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is the damage that concentrated chlorine causes to the collector pipes or laterals as well as other plastic components in the system. If you are not concerned about this then just carry on as you are.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now back in the UK I'm getting the pool ready for summer, the rubber seal was leaking on the sand filter so had to get one from our local pool place , had a fit when I had to pay just under £16 for it , he informed me that the plastic screw top that this seal fitted onto cost about £80, to make it with material I would say about a fiver what a con !
benji
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
Now back in the UK I'm getting the pool ready for summer, the rubber seal was leaking on the sand filter so had to get one from our local pool place , had a fit when I had to pay just under £16 for it , he informed me that the plastic screw top that this seal fitted onto cost about £80, to make it with material I would say about a fiver what a con !
icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Is this a result from ' putting tablets in the basket ' ?
Beachcomber
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The result of putting tablets in the basket is far more serious and costly than this. When the laterals become brittle and break and sand gets back into the pool all of the sand has to be removed in order to replace them.

Some larger filters have to be replaced completely because it is impossible to reach to the bottom in order to work on or replace the laterals.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

''Is this a result from ' putting tablets in the basket ' ?''

First one in 40 years !

Just ordered some solar units very cheap when I have done some test on them will report back on there efficiency
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my supplier here in the UK

200g Multifunctional Tablets
http://www.swimmingpoolchemicals.co.uk/200gmultifunctionaltablets-c-248_33_343.html

The tablets work just great , put solor on over weekend with one tablet in skimmer , wound up winter cover , checked with chemicle tester all OK
Grandson and mate were in pool all yesterday afternoon [Tuesday ] crystal clear and 28c [ 82f ]
I have just come out [10pm ] as it is red hot here in E London , this afternoon reached 37c now it is 28c [82f ] with no wind, will be going in again just befor going to bed
atallatall
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: solar Reply with quote

Hi Pottsy.when you use your solar ,are they the panels? Could you keep us informed as to how good they are for the UK.I used to have a Teledyne Lars gas heater,run from a tank,and it was excellent,but it died a few years ago.I am thinking of solar panels,but it depends how much they cost.I believe you can get solar pods for about £85 each.For my 24 ft.by 12 ft. pool I would need 6 solar pods,but I am undecided yet.
Thanks Di.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atallatall
Is your pool above ground,in the ground, if in the ground is it tilled with a foot of blocks [ wall ] and do you have a building over it ?
I take it that you are near Blackpool
Go to this site for your volume in liters
http://www.poolandspachemicals.co.uk/volcalc.htm

My one is 20k liters
atallatall
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,No it is a fibreglass one .I don't know if they bricked footings or not,but it is concreted in .It did have a dome over it,but not now.But I wouldnt be using it in Winter.
I hope to be selling my Stud Farm next year and moving to Spain,so didn't
want to go to a deal of expense .Just something that shows it is heated !
Di
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Swimming Pools All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: