Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - URGENT ALL OWNERS PLEASE READ
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

URGENT ALL OWNERS PLEASE READ
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Salinas De Vera, Vera Playa
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knightk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: URGENT ALL OWNERS PLEASE READ Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Just returned from two weeks at our apartment and although had a lovely restful holiday, felt we had to highlight the following to fellow owners.

Before we start we would just like to say that what we are about to write, is not aimed personally at either Tina or Derek ( our President and Vice President) as I really feel they do a fantastic job.

Kerry and I were last out in June and was quite concerned over the condition of the outside pool. It hadn't been maintained properly and under the inside rim, surrounding the edge of the pool were patches of thick black mould. Also there were lots of weeds growing in between the walkways surrounding the gardens.

We were hoping that when we returned (at end of July) these problems would've been rectified. Although the walkways looked a lot better the pool was an absolute disgrace!! the edge of the pool (where you walk around) had been re painted with white paint, but as soon as you were in the pool the black mould was clearly visible and the pool tiles were dirty !! whilst we were there three children had to receive medical treatment for ear infections and one had to be treated with an antibiotic injection as the infection was so bad. The doctor suggested that the cause may have been due to bacteria from a swimming pool. Also the lawn edges in the pool garden needed trimming and overall we was disappointed with the maintenance of Salinas, other people we spoke to also felt the same as us. Again, this is not a personal attack on either Tina or Derek, but we are paying owners and I do not feel we are currently getting value for money!

I have also heard ( I apologize if this info is incorrect, but will be contacting Tina for confirmation) that when either Manuel or Maria are off sick CE consulting do not send a replacement for them, and therefore we are paying for services we do not receive, which is totally unacceptable. IF this is true we would like this issue addressed as soon as possible. Are CE Consulting WORKING FOR US?, because at the moment it doesn't seem like it, it seems like they are taking advantage of us all (and thats being polite!)

We would also be interested to know what hours Maria an Manuel are contracted to do per day, at what cost and how are their hours supervised. Also from a business point of view wouldn't it be prudent to get more than one quotation for the Salinas contract, we feel CE Consulting are far too complacent. We have nothing personal against either Maria or Manuel., they seem nice people but at the end of the day they are not our personal friends they are our employees, and we just want to ensure that we are getting the best possible service for our money. (THOSE OF US WHO ARE ACTUALLY PAYING OUR COMMUNITY FEE OF COURSE!!)

We have taken photos of the pool, if any of you would like to see them please email me at karen.knight@royalmail.com and i will give you the password to access them on my snapfish account.

Sorry to be the voice of doom and gloom but it had to be said!! We will of course be emailing Tina regarding the concerns we have raised.

Take care
Karen and Kerry
View users profile Send private message
knightk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S - I WOULD JUST LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR CALLING ANNA, MARIA IN ERROR, IN MY ABOVE ENTRY, (I blame it on my age !!)

All the best
Karen
brucealanjackson
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to bring these facts to our attention.
Last year we had to go to Garruha to be prescribed antibiotics from the local doctor as my son caught a ear infection which was put down to the dirty water in the outdoor pool.
I along with many others noticed hideous black mould all round the edges of the outdoor pool.
It seems like nothing or very little has been done to resolve the matter.
Is Manuel competent in Pool maintenance ? I know he is a good gardner.
Why has'nt CE Consulting taking action against non payers ?
Why are non payers of the Community service charge still being allowed access to the two pools ?
Why has the paving around the outdoor pool not happened?
this is crucial to keeping it clean.

CE Consulting have alot to answer for.
We cannot afford kids and adults to keep getting infections after using the outdoor pool.
This is simply unacceptable and they need to be replaced if they cannot deliver a decent level of service.

Bruce
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karen and Bruce, you mention the mould around the pool. When you saw this did you report it? and if you did who did you report it to?
brucealanjackson
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Murray,

Hope your good, I have seen the photos emailed to me from Karen's last trip there.

Last august the black mould was very visible and we were hoping that this year the slabbing / paved area round the outdoor pool would be extended to stop mud, grass etc.. getting in the water.

Seems like nothing has changed which is a pity.

Must add, I am not surprised any more, with the Shoddy communal areas and pools which is Salinas de Vera.

It would be good if Tina and Derek got together and took CE Consulting to task. We need to act as a team.

All of us as owners have a vested interest in the upkeep of Salinas, we need to be UNITED in this.

Cheers,

Bruce
[/b]
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bruce, I'm ok thanks hope you are also. With regards to my question did you report the condition of pool? and who to?
brucealanjackson
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Murray,

It was common knowledge unless you are totally blind that there was BLACK MOULD all round the edges of the outdoor pool last year.

Everyone is aware of it from the forums and emails and word of mouth.
The fact is I have'nt been there this year, but will see it with my own eyes in a few days time. It was only brought to my attention yesterday.

Rather hoping that this year would be different, that is the paving would be extended, the mould would have been treated and ear infections a thing of the past. Sadly it sounds like it has all gone DOWNHILL.

Pretty certain that Tina and Derek are aware of it, unless that is they dont care or don't use the pool.

For it to get to such a state suggests one thing; CE Consulting doing a very poor maintenance job to eradicate the MOULD, and keep the pool to a level fit for its purpose.

I will speak with Tina and Derek in person when I get there.

Bru
knightk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Both Tina and Derek are aware of the pool, as Bruce said, you would have to be blind not to notice it!! I spoke to Derek and he said that Anna told him it wasn't mould, sorry but thats utter nonsense, and what expertise does she have to come to that conclusion!!, hence I would like to suggest a Pool Cleaner be employed or otherwise get a quote from an alternate company which includes a professional pool cleaner. CE consulting have had enough chances I definitely would like Salinas to be put up for tender and other companies quotes obtained. We are currently NOT getting value for money!! and we would be fools not to get other quotes, it would be neither prudent nor make good business sense!!

Take care
Karen
tinaatselinas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: For your information MURRAY Reply with quote

CE Consulting was told in early May of this year that the pool should not be opened due to the black mould. The VP was present at the meeting and disagreed with me. CE Consulting asked me, as President, to make a decision. CE Consulting was told to close the pool and clean it. After a couple of hours the VP visited my apartment to say that he agreed with Anna and Manuel to leave it to October. I said disagreed with the VP and the pool was in such a disgusting state. A few days later the VP came to my apartment with a receipt for the paint to cover the mould. This has caused further problems and the mould has now grown through the new paint. This week I have employed an independent pool company to visit the complex to look at the pool. He requested an urgent water analysis which was taken the following day. In the last 2 weeks 12 children and 2 adults have received urgent medical treatment for ear infections. Itīs a real shame you donīt work with me Murray rather than against me. Tina
Ohana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am appalled that Salinas de Vera appears to be in a much worse state than when I was here in May and June. The community areas are a mess and the trees, which cost a huge amount of money, have dead branches just hanging! Most of the private gardens are a mess with weeds and overgrown lawns - if one can refer to them as lawns. I think a īfieldī is a more appropriate word. We all like Anna and Manuel and have given us a good service but it is more obvious than ever that this complex is far too much for Manuel to cope with on a parttime basis. We cannot allow this to go on for another year! If anyone would like to see photographs of the complex, then please contact me. CDuncan
bacosalinas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: For your information MURRAY Reply with quote

tinaatselinas wrote:
CE Consulting was told in early May of this year that the pool should not be opened due to the black mould
Really? Who told them? icon_eek.gif

tinaatselinas wrote:
The VP was present at the meeting and disagreed with me. CE Consulting asked me, as President, to make a decision. CE Consulting was told to close the pool and clean it. After a couple of hours the VP visited my apartment to say that he agreed with Anna and Manuel to leave it to October. I said disagreed with the VP and the pool was in such a disgusting state. A few days later the VP came to my apartment with a receipt for the paint to cover the mould. This has caused further problems and the mould has now grown through the new paint. This week I have employed an independent pool company to visit the complex to look at the pool. He requested an urgent water analysis which was taken the following day. In the last 2 weeks 12 children and 2 adults have received urgent medical treatment for ear infections. Itīs a real shame you donīt work with me Murray rather than against me. Tina

You know there is no bacteria, as stated in the analysis. Otitis may be caused by lack of hygiene plus heat, plus excess of exposition to chlorine, which can affect mainly children, who are more likely to suffer this ear irritation. You should find out more about otitis and its potential causes.
cheers.[/b]
Ohana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: message for Bacosalinas Reply with quote

You are obviously in the 'know' because on Monday of this week CE did not know the whereabouts of the analysis report for the pool water taken last week!!!!!!!!! Neither did they know where the pool analysis book was!!! They said "well, maybe Manuel has it"!! Shouldn't they know where it is? And in answer to your question "Really ..... who told them", Tina did. I was witness to this on more than one occasion. Rodrigo was also present on one occasion when this was discussed. Tina was asked by CE what she wanted done about the mould around the pool and she told them she wanted it closed, treated and scrubbed. Maybe YOU could let us all know why CE did not inspect the pool before it was allowed to opened in May? Maybe it is because they do not make regular visits to the complex. It seems to me they only visit when there is money in the bank account to get cheques signed off! CDuncan
knightk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nudge Nudge Wink Wink say no more !!, seems to me like bacosalinas is about as clean as the swimming Pool!! no wonder they're incognito !! perhaps 'The blade' would be a better name to go by ( stab in the back and all that !!)

hey ho onwards and upwards !!

KK
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated by the President yesterday "the pool is fine now" can I take it then that she has the result of the analysis and that the pool has been given a clean bill of health? If the result is available can I please have the findings as like any other responsible owner I would not want any family members using a potentially dangerous pool.

What is strange is some of those who were aware of the "filthy pool" since May or earlier were happy to let owners, friends, children and family use the pool during the past months without any mention of their concerns.

A post on this thread by "tinaatselinas" on the 14 Aug which makes reference to myself causes me concern. It would appear by the style in which it is written that it may not have been composed by the President and that someone may be masquerading as the President. I don't know if this is possible but perhaps someone may know if this can been done - quite worrying.

Last edited by murrays on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not wrong!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Salinas De Vera, Vera Playa All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: