Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - URGENT ALL OWNERS PLEASE READ
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

URGENT ALL OWNERS PLEASE READ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Salinas De Vera, Vera Playa
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knightk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray

Please don't be fooled by tomarto, he/she is no friend to Salinas property owners, look at his/her entries under topic heading 'Salinas filthy pool' thats not a person who wishes us well, just a voyeur to our problems, trying to goad negative responses from people with their comments!

all the best
KK
View users profile Send private message
jackson12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have already said if people have questions to raise with the president / vice president they should send a pm.
KerryandMartin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Pool & CE Reply with quote

Hello all at Salinas,

Can I also ask the same question as Murray do we have official notification from the lab company that the pool is now safe?

We will be out in the next few weeks and also have people going to our apartment who will want to use the pool. Have the ear infections been directly linked to the pool, I think all owners of Salinas need to be reassured.

Tina will you be able to bring the results of the analysis to the meeting. Martin is a scientist involved in Water Testing and will be more than happy to go over the results for you. If you want to e mail them to us prior to the meeting he will analyse them free of charge to see if there is a link to see if CE has not done their job properly. We are more than happy to help. We may only visit Salinas a few times a year but are in it for the long term.

Karen we were out in July and thought everything looked great out there, we used the pool every day and never noticed the mould - we took lots of photos of how good things were to show friends back home. I haven't seen your photos so can not comment but if I PM you my e mail address could you send them over. I was shocked when I logged on here today and the first topic I saw was Salinas Filthy Pool - it was news to us.

What has happened in the last few weeks?

Hope everyone is good and look forward to seeing you all at the meeting

Kerry & Martin
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry, nice to hear from you. Hope you and Martin are keeping well.

We were out in July also, last two weeks. It's a pity we never met up. We had a nice time and it was good to see the new bar/restaurant open within Pueblo. Tried it three times food and staff nice.

We also thought the development was looking well. The grass was looking good and the place was clean. Some small bits of maintenance is required like the pointing round some of the manhole covers which is breaking up but I suppose traffic running over the top doesn't help. But these are all things that can be discussed and sorted. In general though it was looking good but always room for improvement and changes. That's where good communication and relationship building is important. Manual and Anna were working very hard when we were there. Lets hope things keep improving - time will tell.

Regards.

Murray
knightk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Myself and Kerry were out last week of July and first week of Aug. Apart from the pool being mouldy, the area around the pool needed strimming, the trees needed stripping and some gardens were overgrown. We spent most of our time on the complex and although saw Anna hardly saw Manuel at all.

I'm not disputing that they work hard, but their coming and goings and hours are not monitored, we still pay for their hours when they don't turn up for work due to illness or some other reason,( CE do not send replacements) so as a community we are paying money for hours not worked, and in this current climate, when many of our own jobs may be on the line, we find this totally unacceptable. CE consulting do not undertake regular site visits, if they did, and valued our custom, they too would find the state of the pool etc below standard.

CE consulting treat the President that we elected by us with contempt, when she raises concerns they do not return her calls, the minutes from the last AGM were not recorded accurately and Tina refused to sign them off. Non of us as yet have received our proxy forms.... I could go on and on but to be honest Iam tired of listing this companies incompetencies. Its time for change and we will only get Salinas up to the standard we expect by putting the contract out for tender. This is not a personal attack on either Anna or Manuel.

Karen and Kerry
tinaatselinas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi you are as tired as i am have sent photos out but if they wish not to listen then that is there choice the photos tell the story .by the way if anyone interested i am not drunk and have not touched a drop all day to who ever it is that says i am always drunk i wish dent let your heart rule your heads ,we need a change lets get salinas looking great and that is not a knock at manuel he does work very hard but it needs a full time gdnr ,it is just to large for 1 guy on his own and the last president should have realised this when he took them .
KerryandMartin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Proxy Votes Reply with quote

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the e mail, we received our Proxy Vote on Monday.

I e mailed CE some time ago and asked them to send all our correspondance by e mail to save costs, I can see you on the distribution list in the e mail and will foward over to you

Regards

Kerry
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the President tell me if she has received the result of the pool analysis. If she has, what was the finding? This test appears to be taking a cosiderable time and one can only presume that this leaves us uncertain on the present condition of the pool water. I would appreciate feedback on this.

Has anyone any light to shed on my earlier post below?

Quote "A post on this thread by "tinaatselinas" on the 14 Aug which makes reference to myself causes me concern. It would appear by the style in which it is written that it may not have been composed by the President and that someone may be masquerading as the President. I don't know if this is possible but perhaps someone may know if this can been done - quite worrying.
jackson12

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you send a pm to the president, and also the vice-president, and ask if either has received the results. Either can then forward them to you.

I do not think either of them has the time to regularly check the forums and you will surely get a quicker reply if you deal with them directly.

If the results show there was a problem then ask them to raise the issue at the meeting on 29/08/09, if you are unable to attend the meeting.
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly the VP is not available. Secondly the subject was first raised by the President on the open forum for all to read. Thirdly there may be many owners who read this forum but do not contribute to it. nor do they have access to the President and are anxious also to find out the result. A reply on this forum would reach all. I understand it may take time to receive the result as I have been asking since last week but look forward to hearing as soon as it is available - would you happen to know the result?
walkerm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

We have just returned from 19 very pleasent days at Salinas, it's our 5 visit of the year, so I like to think we know a little bit about how well the community is being managed, although not as much as residents that live there, and clearly not as much as some people who go down there for the odd visit!

I have never in all the years we have been there, and we were there from day 1, seen the pool in such a poor state of repair. We witnessed many of the ear infections previously mentioned, and have never known a year so bad. As soon as we arrived Mandy mentioned the poor quality of the water and the serious mould throughout, including the shower trays. Our president had already taken action following the number of infections, and an independent company's advice sought. Initially CE suggested the infections were due to too much time in the water, however this was followed by a significant increase in chlorine dosage, water was also pumped out and replaced with new, which believe you me was very obvious given the fall in temperature. This was all a bit late (although essential) given the problems already experienced.

On arrival the grass in our garden was far longer than we would have expected, only after asking it to be cut was this carried out, and that was the only time during our stay.

The appearance of the gardens have slipped back again, palm trees looking appaling in places and the pathways in places full of weeds. Many gardens are now just left uncut with weeds all over the place.

I agree with all references to Manual and Anna being very nice people, and working very hard when they are there. But you have to challenge what we as a community are paying for, the hours actually being put in are just not commensurate with what's required under the contract. It's too big a job for just one part-time gardener, and people should keep an open mind to the quotes being pulled together by our president.

I have the utmost respect for both Tina and Derek, they are unpaid, take alot of flack, but at the end of the day are trying to look after our interests.

I personally looked at one of the gardens maintained by one of the prospective companies and was most impressed by what I saw, and they had been working with the same community for approx. 8 years (their quote is below what we are currently paying).

Regards

Martin
knightk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin

I agree with you one hundred percent its time we took our custom elsewhere. I just hope there are enough people who feel the same to get CE out !!

Karen
rafael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Salinas update Reply with quote

Martin

Thank you for your update it is disapointing to hear of the poor condition of the community. When I was there a few months ago with my brother things were looking very good.

I wonder if you can help me with the following

you mention this is your fifth visit this year, what was your opinion on the condition of the community on your previous four visits as it apears the problems seem to be fairly recent?

Also you mention that alternative maintenance quotes are less than we are presently paying. I assume this information is available to all owners.
Can you send me copies of the alternative bids as it would be good to have the opportunity to view before the meeting. Are there bids from more than one company?

Many Thanks
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the President please inform me of the pool analysis result I and other owners have been waiting for.

I would like to know this prior to the meeting tomorrow. If getting an answer is difficult and you are busy please pass me the details of the company who performed the test and I will make contact direct.

This message also sent as a PM.
knightk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murry

Tina has had put her laptop in for repairs so don't know if she has access to another laptop to go on this website.

Karen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Salinas De Vera, Vera Playa All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: