Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Property in area
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Property in area
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulhutton
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Property in area Reply with quote

Hello just needing info on the Albox area thinking of buying a couple of houses in the area more Arboleas area and wondering what it is like i have been up a couple of times but years back

many thanks Paul
View users profile Send private message
jovie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really think you should visit again as it may not be as you remember. Many many more...not necessarily legal...properties and communities have been built over the last 5 years.
steve4polly
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: buying property Reply with quote

Hi, we have been out here many times in the last five years,and love it. We brought our villa and moved in last april, and would recomend it to anyone. We live in Cucador about 10mins drive from Arboleas, there are a few villas for sale around here, and there is also plenty of land around were we live for new builds. All the best looking for your new home.
spitfire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you dont want to live the spanish life then albox is for you. google albox you will be shocked illegal property the scams that go on there you will be shocked most of these are by expats . the town centre is scruffy and dirty we are near sorbas looked at the area when we were buying soon put off .bad vibes never been back blackpool in the sun dont need to say eny thing else be vert carefull. sorry if ive upset any one, helen
jovie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not keen on Albox myself as it is too industrial in appearance but Arboleas, particularly the original village area, is lovely. Also the villages of Zurgena and La Alfolquia are being improved now.
Only problem is one will never quite sure if the properties are totally legal until the Junta and the local mayors have agreed what is actually to be defined as urban.
Apart from the legal aspect I personally would wait until the new motorway is completed.
TheSheriff
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These people who say Albox is too industrialised etc have not looked around properly - we live in Albox - my two nearest full time resident neighbours are nearly 10 mins drive away in opposite directions - we can just see one of these houses across the valley, the other we cannot see. Directly to the front the nearest occupied houses are in Las Pocicas which is 30 mins drive away.

We can sit for hour after hour on our Patios and the only sound we will hear is ourselves breathing, the rest Total - Total Silence.

If between 5 & 10 cars pass our entrance in a day we know it's Tuesday - Albox Market Day.
paulhutton
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a mixed review
Pepino were do you live i might see if there is any houses there are you selling i have been in spain for 15 years now and have seen a big difference all over yes there is illegal homes as i have seen in the papers but i am looking at old town houses that have been there for longer than us not unless you are over a hundred
so will see i will take a look around might go into Granada area
but many thanks to all

O p.s stopped the jokes as i was told off hahahhah
jovie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jovie"]Not keen on Albox myself as it is too industrial in appearance but Arboleas, particularly the original village area, is lovely.

This is a moan about Albox Karen icon_exclaim.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

My little village "high street" is probably the ugliest in ALL of Spain...reminds me of a town in the western movies and always expect to see the cowboys riding through and tying up their horses ..... and anyone who is honest thinks the same.
Doesn't bother me because I love it...warts and all...but still prefer it to Albox town anyday.
liverbird
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: albox Reply with quote

hi all, is it lets all bash albox time again , say what you like but id sooner be there right now, it has not stoped raining for weeks here. we can not get out there again till god knows when , might get a week at christmass can not wait oh and if that post was for real google kevin in spain
jovie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness what is it about Albox that if anyone dares to admit it is not their favourite place is met with accusations of "moaning" or "bashing" the town.
Please lighten up.
It ,like my village, will NEVER be picture postcard material however much WE adore where our homesteads are.
TheSheriff
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepino - I notice you are not prepared to disclose where you live - Albox may possibly be heaven to wherever it is when we all know ???????
TheSheriff
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepino - If you think Blackpool is the epitome of Heaven you must have led a Sad Sad Life.
TheSheriff
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepino I wasn't suggesting Albox was heaven I was just pointing out you were and still are not prepared to disclose where you live - are so so frightened of what people may say if you did ???????
bthomas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Albox is not post card pretty and is not heaven - but where is? It is a place where you can live and run a business. I could not live in Majorcar playa. Albox has a future - the illegal building has stopped and things are improving. I think buying a cortijo or old town house in the Albox area makes sense. Good luck!
Hijatesix
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, not been on this site for over 12 months and can see its not changed regarding people moaning.
The guy who posted the original question was 'just' enquiring about possibly purchasing houses in the Almanzora valley.
This covers quite a stretch and not just Arboleas, Albox etc but numerous towns and villages [Yes ! hard to believe but there is life after Albox] all the way up to Baza.
Pepino needs to be more specific regarding his needs/pricing/square metreage of housing

Lets keep on the original posting please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Albox & Area All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: