Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Thanks to Tina
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Thanks to Tina

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Salinas De Vera, Vera Playa
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Thanks to Tina Reply with quote

Tina, thanks for the great job you have done over the past year. You have tried your best for SdeV and always worked in our best interests. Hold you head high and walk proud. Well done Babe xx
View users profile Send private message
jackson12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that and add my thanks for all her hard work.
brucealanjackson
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Crass Lunancy Reply with quote

Tina you are Simply the Best.

The narrow minded and short sighted folks who voted against you.. did not appreciate how selflessly you gave your own personal time to try and find better and more cost effective Administrators, gardeners and pool maintenance staff to oversea S&A.

Instead of chasing the debtors, they have opted to increase the Community fees.

Sheer stupidity. The result will be more owners now defaulting on their Community charges. At a time when there is so much monetary turmoil with millions losing their jobs and people taking wage cuts across the board, here at Salinas de Vera , CE Consulting opt for a 17% increase.
Hope our so called VP pays his Community fees.

Salinas will now go downhill as more owners find the increase unacceptable.

huggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An increase in community fees (due because of the budget for the forthcoming year) has to be agreed at a meeting.

If you are to pay increased fees then it must be because it was agreed to approve a new budget???

i.e. If you approved a new budget at the meeting then you agree to pay the new fees to cover it.

An administration company can't just 'upt' the fees....you must have voted for it.
gmsalinas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks Tina Reply with quote

Hi Tina,
The struggle to gain real equality will continue and I hope you will be a big part of it.
Take time now to relax and free yourself from the stresses of the last few months.
You gave all you could to this particular battle, intended to free us from the tyrannical grip of CE and its' many minions.
It seems they are most tenacious in their desire to hold on to Salinas de Vera! Why? I can only surmise that this tenacity is motivated by the huge pay check they glean from our hard earned community fees.

Those who may be feeling puffed up by this (debatable success) today should reflect on the idea that this is a battle won, not the war.

The time to organise is now but, we have to beware of the sneaks who will try to infiltrate our ranks.
I will not be so crass as to name and shame on this open forum but we all know who they are.
Avoid discussing anything of note with these persons.

Thank you again Tina.
gmsalinas.
Chipper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tina for the hard work you did for all of us in the past year. Noone can say a wrong word about you. You tried so hard for everyone in Salinas to lower community fees, and have work done to our standard. Sadly those who voted against you, can hold their head in shame. If i were them, i would stay indoors.

Keep you're head up Tina. YOU'RE SIMPLY THE BEST.
Chipper
gmsalinas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Thanks Tina Reply with quote

Well, well, well, it looks as though some might be regreting the way in which they voted, or on who's behalf a proxy vote was cast, at the AGM. yesterday.

I have been told that the increases announced in the community fees will reflect a rise in the costs to ground floor apartment owners and also those in duplexes etc who have private gardens.
Those who live in 1st & 2nd floor apartments should see a lowering, albeit small. in their community fees whilst those in duplexes etc will see increases.

I commiserate with those people who tried to resist the current admin/management but have been hit by these increases.
I do feel however that there is a measure of poetic justice, for certain individuals, in all of this.
Regards to the brave hearted,
gmsalinas
brucealanjackson
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all those who are really keen to see Salinas de Vera improve, please take comfort from the fact that what I saw when I was out there for 2 weeks, was a President who was working incessantly in trying to get the best deal for all of us.
OK, her Spanish is not up to local levels, but she has given her time abundantly, whilst the rest were out sunbathing and drinking wine, Tina was working in the background for ALL including the VP who let her down so shamefully.
She was out everyday giving up her personal timefor the best interests of Our Community. only to be stabbed in the back by a few who we know well.
As someone said they should be ashamed of their pathetic actions, they have done us a massive disservice and this will not go unforgotten.
Tina, we saw what you did, unlike the others who just talk using big paragraphs on this site but in reality did nothing.
We are proud of you.
As for CE Consulting they have continually undermined a legally elected President. This will not be forgotten either.
Chipper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't agree with you more. The time and energy that Tina give for the benefit of ALL those living in Salinas will not be forgotten. She was a true leader in the community of Salinas.
Pity we have lost such a good president.
walkerm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have personally spoken to Tina, and thanked her for all the great work she has put in on our behalf, I am hoping that when she has taken time out to reflect on her achievements, she will realise she could not have done any more.

The new quotes she obtained were completely independent and she stood to gain nothing other than bringing service levels up to what we all expect (and some of us pay for).

I have emailed the VP and made my thoughts clear to him, and I would suggest you all contact him directly, not via this site, if you need contact details pm me.

TINA WILL BE BACK, WE NEED HER.

Martin
knightk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI all

I too have spoken at length to Tina over the weekend. She really did us proud, but it rapidly became evident that she didn't stand a chance, it was a complete stitch up. Non of us encourage a 'them' (Spanish) and us divide, but from the way certain Spanish individuals behaved at the meeting towards Tina, showed that some certainly think this way.

Iam disgusted with the British individuals who attended the meeting, who failed to come to Tina's defence, you are simply cowards who follow blindly like sheep !! Tina worked tirelessly in the best interests of us all to improve Salinas. Those who voted against her will come to regret their decision at length, what we have to look forward to now are gardeners who are expensive and not monitored, a pool that will not be maintained or cleaned properly, outstanding debts and colourless community gardens due to lack of funds. Tina also advised that the Spanish no longer want to pay for the Minutes from meetings to be translated and have advise CE that any of us who want the translation will have to pay for it ourselves.

TINA, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, YOU WERE A FANTASTIC PRESIDENT WHO WILL BE SORELY MISSED BY US ALL. X X X

Karen and Kerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Salinas De Vera, Vera Playa All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: