Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - 6 months to a year rental required for dog owner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

6 months to a year rental required for dog owner

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Renting A Holiday Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuevan
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: 6 months to a year rental required for dog owner Reply with quote

My Dad is coming out from July to start work on the old cortijo and to settle into spanish life gently (as he doesnīt speak spanish...) we think that itīs best that he rents in a Brit area first. He has two well behaved dogs (Springer Spaniel and Springer Cross) who wouldnīt like to be given the spanish dog treatment of being chained up at the cortijo to guard it icon_confused.gif

Does anyone know of a small house or ground floor flat with garden in Mojacar, Vera areas (needs to be close enough to Cuevas del Almanzora anyway).

Please PM me with any ideas (especially since iīve been on Google but now worry that iīve been looking at the dodgy agents??) thanks
View users profile Send private message
catty
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Renting Property with Animals Reply with quote

I think he might find it a problem renting with animals, a lot of communities have a rule of no animals to renters. Most people respect others and don't allow the dogs to run free, making a mess, and barking all night, but unfortunately others just don't care and give dog owners a bad name. Hope he finds somewhere to rent.
Cuevan
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and so do I as July is fast approaching. We live in Cuevas and donīt have room for my Dad to stay with us and also iīd like him to get into a bit of social life before we all go and live out in the countryside when the cortijos are finished.

Any suggestions for getting to know other like-minded Brits as I live a more spanish life here with my husband and his family and Cuevas is very spanish. Dad is in his 60īs, likes a Guiness or three, rugby, classic cars, 60īs music etc.

Thanks
Que-bien
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: rent Reply with quote

If your dad is going to be in a Brit area and he has a dog, he will soon find people talking to him when hes out for a walk,and the Brit bars are usually friendly enough, even if its only because they want to know who the new guy on the block is Lol !
The local bars could be the place to ask about rentals, lots of people are looking to rent out at the moment due to the financial climate, don't think the dog will be too big a problem here, its not as though the houses are carpeted throughout good luck icon_smile.gif

Adeybrown
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might find that the month he is coming out will make it harder. A lot of people with places to rent are either coming out themselves for the Summer or renting it out Peak Season.
If he was coming out in September it would be a lot easier to find a long term let I would have thought.
Cuevan
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that lots of people are holding out of the golden ticket of an August rental but there also seems to be a glut of properties compared to the number of people looking to rent? Iīm on a mission so iīll find somewhere soon.
Cuevan
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are changing our requirements slightly.....upping the budget and are now looking for a house with outside space and a large lock up garage or underbuild to store things. Arenīt there places in Huerta Nueva or Vera Playa with large underbuilds?? I think that it will be for a years rental now.

Anyone have a place to rent in an area with Brits so that Dad can get to know people and start a social life here in Spain whilst learning spanish etc.

PM me please

thanks
Cuevan
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking with a date to start the rental of [b]14th September[/b]...... anyone looking to rent out a place to a guy with his two well behaved dogs. Needs to be walking distance to english speaking bars etc. as my Dad doesn't yet speak Spanish.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Renting A Holiday Home All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: