Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - albox
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

albox
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alboxian
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: albox Reply with quote

Having just returned from a 2 week stay in Albox and talking with some residents,the main topic of conversation is still illegal builds.The Spanish I talked to are against making them legal,main reason,house prices will plummet,depressed area will become more depressed etc.The english only want them legalised so they can sell and clear off.It came across to me as a town divided.I popped into the Town hall,they don't seem to have a clue whats going on.But it was nice meeting up with old friends,especially Gregorio and his family.(parrilla) icon_cool.gif
View users profile Send private message
kingdh99
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do the Spanish think that house prices will plummet if the illegal houses are legalised?

Is it fear of over-supply? How much more would they plummet given that the overseas demand has practically dried-up because of the legal problems?

Just trying to understand.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alboxian
I think you have it bum upwards mate , no good asking the spanish,they and their country haven't a clue about finance ! they have increased the pay motorway by about 3% from the 1st January, and NO one used it last year, they are completely lost ,just see beachcomber's post regarding increases,then you will have an understanding of spanish mentality
snowbird
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They always increase prices in times of crisis. I suppose they reckon that the people who continue to buy will pay the extra while those who won't wouldn't have bought anyway. Just the reverse of the British mindset but possibly just as valid?
alboxian
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spanish haven't got a clue about finance,you could be right.But some made alot of money very quickly from first the Germans and then the Brits.As for raising prices,it's quite normal in a recession.All I was commenting on was the way Albox has split.To be honest the natives no longer want elderly Brits in their town,they really don't contribute much.As for the illegal houses,some think that if they don't get legalised,they will move into them in the future,some think that prices will plummet and those spanish who were brought to Albox in the 90's,with the promise of a prosperous futre will see their house prices fall and will not be able to get out.Alot of the locals are just sick to the back teeth with all the problems the Brits have brought with them.Only my opinion.
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with Alboxian !!!!! icon_cool.gif ,...."and it's not just in Albox that the Brits have 'devoured' a town and reduced it to nothing!!!!!",........."maybe one day lessons will be learned!!!!" icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.myartprofile.com/Ejay

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejay wrote:
I agree 100% with Alboxian !!!!! icon_cool.gif ,...."and it's not just in Albox that the Brits have 'devoured' a town and reduced it to nothing!!!!!",........."maybe one day lessons will be learned!!!!" icon_rolleyes.gif

by whom might I ask?
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By thier own mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
parasolfred

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejay wrote:

A little bit naive, perhaps? If you offer a starving man dinner on a plate he will take it. The "Brits" as you fondly call yourselves, were offered a dream of living in a fantastic place at a more-than-affordable price, and accepted.
Those who sold them the land/houses etc made a phenomenal amount of money (for them), so who exactly do you think it was that "devoured" a town?
I would suggest it was the greed of the "locals" who devoured themselves and only realised the consequences of their actions when it was too late. Genies and bottles spring to mind!
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejay wrote:
By thier own mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

So the Spanish are 100% to blame, and will have to live with their greed, is that what you are saying, its all a bit cryptic for me I'm afraid. Be more specfic, you have a view, please share it icon_smile.gif
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know my view by now!!,.."or you should do!!!!",..........I'm not going to start repeating myself over again!!!!!!,........."if you want someone to blame for the state the place is in, then look in the mirror!!!!!!!!!"

cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejay wrote:
You know my view by now!!,.."or you should do!!!!",..........I'm not going to start repeating myself over again!!!!!!,........."if you want someone to blame for the state the place is in, then look in the mirror!!!!!!!!!"

Sounds like sour grapes to me! Mojacar is not perfect, but then where is. You are living in the past with your hazy memories, I'm living in the present, in the real world! icon_lol.gif
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not biting!!,..because if I did I would insult you,!!!! icon_cool.gif icon_wink.gif

parasolfred

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's any need to insult anyone! Ejay, didn't you live in Mojacar for a time? What makes you any different from anyone else? Was it because there were fewer ex-pats then than now? Jealousy?
I agree you sometimes seem to have rose-tinted glasses on but if you previously lived in Mojacar then you were as much of an ex-pat as anyone is today - irrespective of whether or not you speak Spanish, only patronise Spanish businesses, eat Spanish food etc.
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejay wrote:
I'm not biting!!,..because if I did I would insult you,!!!! icon_cool.gif icon_wink.gif

Nice of you to worry about insulting me, however you seem to have no problem insulting the thousands of Brits who moved to Almeria, retirees, holiday home owners and those who set up businesses, all with the aim of settling/ making a living/enjoying a warmer climate and enjoying the lifestyle. What exactly is your beef?, you had your chance and it looks like you blew it and are now very bitter, trying to make people feel guilty for buying a property and living/working in Spain is really fairly pointless in my view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Albox & Area All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: