Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - New Bank Charges
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

New Bank Charges
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkerm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: New Bank Charges Reply with quote

Cajamar have written to us changing their charges, they are now going to charge 9euros a quarter to maintain our current account and charge 20 euros per debit/credit card.

Has anyone faced similar increases with their banks?
View users profile Send private message
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not heard from our one yet, will not know until we get over in September and check statement, but we are now paying each 17 euroes [34 e] per year , supposed to be for checking our UK residency [doing a tax return to the UK tax department ]
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bank with Sabadell which used to be Solbank.They charge me 10 Euros per quarter for the account and 20 Euros for the debit card.I think that this is a disgrace.The Halifax that i bank with in the UK pays me 5 per month just for paying my wages in to the account.
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a school of thought in the UK that there is no such thing as free banking -- with the customers who regularly use bank 'facilities' paying for those who don't and that 'free' banking places pressure on the banks and results in them mis-selling products.

I suspect we in the UK will be paying similar charges (as those quoted above) within 3 to 5 years.

pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dought it with Virgin starting up as a bank, next year Tesco becomes a full bank, that will shake them up
Just had our Tesco credit card statement in showing the 2.75% extra charge on it [shown seperatly for the first time], but using this card is the cheapest way to buy things like eating out;food cigs ect, as this 2.75% is off set by the city exchange rate which was 1.255 to the pound not CD's 1.21 tourest rate , plus you get Tesco points at 1% on top , so on a 400 euroes outlay you make at least 4 profit with the Tesco voucher, not a lot but every little helps !
Tumbit
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean you object to paying for the privilege of somebody else benefiting from holding you own cash for you ??
Patsy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkerm said:
Quote:

Cajamar have written to us changing their charges, they are now going to charge 9euros a quarter to maintain our current account and charge 20 euros per debit/credit card.

Yeah....wrote to us too. After 7 years as good clients and with several investments with them they want to charge us for looking after our money......I don't think so!!!

After trailing through their website ('cos I think that Cajamar are probably still a good bet in the current climate) I came across their 'i.account' https://www.cajamar.es/en/particulares/productos-y-servicios/ahorro-e-inversion/cuentas-a-la-vista/cuenta-i/
This current account pays you interest and there are no service or administration charges. icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif .
So...we changed our current account to this one. No charges or commission icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif . It does mean notifyng everyone of your new "20 digit bank account number" and you get a different card. But....hey ho...look at what we are now saving in charges!!!
binnie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are having a lot of trouble with Cajamar.
It seems every month or so theres something new they are doing.
Last year they tried to charge us for house contents and building insurance which we had our own policy with a UK company. That has been fine for 7 years up until now.
They wanted proof that we are covered which I sent them, but because we pay monthly on a direct debit, they want proof from the insurance company that we had paid each and every month.
Me and the interventor of Cajamar had sent loads and loads of emails backwards and forwards to each other, with me sending more of course.
He said if I can prove this then they will refund the 182 euros which they had already taken in one go for their own policy.

My insurance company which is Intasure said they couldn't do that for us as thats not how they work, so now we have had to cancel Intasure and use Cajamar reluctantly. We didn't really want to have these payments going out in one full payment , we would rather pay per month then it's more affordable for us and takes the pressure off.

Then we had the 17.70 which they say they charge per person every two years to get the certificate to prove we are non residents. I honestly can't say that I've noticed that fee before.

Then came the life insurance as we have a mortgage. We have had the mortgage about 8 years now and always thought the life insurance was built into the price. Seemingly last year the money got taken out of our account and when I queried what it was, they said it was for life insurance.
What I want to know is, how come they hadn't taken the money before and why do they just take it without informing us. That is what gets me angry.
I don't even know if we have a current account or a savings one for these new charges.
I have emailed the bank to find out, but no reply.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggest you do a Patsy and change like she did
binnie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just logged into internet banking and seen the 9 Euro charge, but then there is something for 2.98 as well. I wonder what that is for.....

17-06-2012 15-06 MAINTENANCE COMMISSION - REF: -9,00
17-06-2012 15-06 COM.SALDO MAX.EXC/DESCUB. - REF: 2.98
walkerm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patsy,

Happy days icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif and well researched, we are changing to the i-accout as we speak.

Many Thanks
barone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I have a joint account with Cajamar

They notified my wife of various charges as from 15 June 2012, (she only received letter 17 June 2012), whilst I am over 65, my wife is not, and we don't really need a joint account

Our solution has been to notify Cajamar to remove her name from the account and cancel all cards in her name
binnie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to be of a certain age or pay a certain amount into the i account please?
walkerm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a non-resident I've justed been bombed out by cajamar with regard to setting up an i-account the following message appeared 'Operation not carried out. Cuenta.i account only can be opened by natural persons, residents in Spain.

So the non-residents get penalised yet again, poo, poo and more poo icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif
binnie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I wondered if that might happen.
When I next go over I'm going to see the English girl who works in the Turre branch and ask her more questions about our account and the different charges going out.
It needs sorting once and for all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: