Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Flooding in Vera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Flooding in Vera
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrixonshea
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Flooding in Vera Reply with quote

Just heard on Irish Radio that there is serious flooding at Vera Playa. Some people are confined to their terraces
Does anyone have further information on the flooding and has it spread further afield
wrixon
View users profile Send private message
Angie640_1
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother in law has rang this afternoon (they live further down on the Playa going towards Garrucha) to say house is flooded and the children aren't at school because that's flooded as well.
lmjohn
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inland loads of flooded ramblas. se the Arboleas forum for pics
TeresaA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: flooding Reply with quote

just been informed that friend tried to get into garrucha via coast road but closed by police near hotel mexico and also up by mercadona vera playazo one. helicoptor just landing at consum carpark and lots of guardia vans about. havent tried any other way so dont know any more.
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out about this myself.We own a property on the Fuentemar urbanisation and have been looking at the images on facebook and the internet.The pueblo Laguna area looks to have taken a big hit.The river that flows into the lagoon has burst its banks.A picture of the road that goes down to the beach past the dollar bar shows a torrent of muddy water above the level of the doors to shops and premises .Also cars piled up around the properties in the pueblo laguna area.I am waiting to hear back from My insurance firm and also the comunity managament company.I am grateful for any advice or information at this time.Regards,Jim.
bomagdrink
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lots of very dramatic pics on the spectrum fm website, bridge at peurto ray has collapsed..bridge on the a7 at PUERTO LUMBREAS..has collapsed so ..no motorway for awhile, looks like around around MEXICO HOTEL and all that low lying area has taken the bigest hit icon_eek.gif
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke on the phone to Victor and his wife of Victors Bar Las buganvillas.They say the bar has got off very lightly water has entered and drained leaving 3-4 inches of mud .Also Victors dad lives on Urb Fuentemar and similar damage there.Getting unconfimed reports of 4 dead including 2 children.A huge clean up being organised for tomorrow I am going to get a flight early next week to get my place cleared out and to help others.Try to remain positive any one thats effected,Jim
rosada

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just heard from friends who live on Fuentemar and their house by the smaller pool has been flooded, as have most I think. Our house is at the front and they are also badly flooded, water and sludge reached up to the window ledges so the whole of downstairs will be ruined. Just the sort of news we needed!
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sympathies to all involved in this,..........but it has been common knowledge for many years that Pueblo Laguna ( clue in the name!!) and Burgonvillas is renowned for 'high level' flooding!!!",....sorry to say but buyers are not doing their homework !!!!"

http://www.myartprofile.com/Ejay

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejay wrote:
My sympathies to all involved in this,..........but it has been common knowledge for many years that Pueblo Laguna ( clue in the name!!) and Burgonvillas is renowned for 'high level' flooding!!!",....sorry to say but buyers are not doing their homework !!!!"

Seriously Ejay, do you really need to rub it in, revelling in other peoples misery really is the lowest of the low. There are plenty of people who bought in the UK who didn't realise they were buying on a flood plain, so given it's even harder to get the proper advice in Spain, this sort of post really doesn't help. Give it a rest please.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

''sorry to say but buyers are not doing their homework !!!!"

You realy mean the property market ! ie builders;solicitors;estate agents; and ALL the other crooks involved , people just will not read forums like this and others and post question regarding properties in Spain or eleswhere
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
''sorry to say but buyers are not doing their homework !!!!"

You realy mean the property market ! ie builders;solicitors;estate agents; and ALL the other crooks involved , people just will not read forums like this and others and post question regarding properties in Spain or eleswhere

Yes I believe this is what he means, the spanish nationals being the main perpetrators of the "con" . Ejay won't want to hear that, in his eyes the Spanish are practially martyrs who have had to "endure" the ex pat invasion.
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said try to remain positive all those affected.If you can help and it is safe to do so then get down there.We will all get through this and the pueblo laguna will get back on it's feet eventually.
cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbob wrote:
Like I said try to remain positive all those affected.If you can help and it is safe to do so then get down there.We will all get through this and the pueblo laguna will get back on it's feet eventually.

well said Jimbob, hopefully everyone is insured and it will be sorted, its a bit of hassle but putting it in perspective, there wont be anything that can't be put right, and as long as everyone is safe, that is the main thing.
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it or not!!!,....that area (clue in the name!!!), has a history of major flooding!!, that is not me 'revelling' in other peoples misery, that is me telling it like it is!!!!!!!!,......if you care to check back on my posts over the past few years I'm sure you will find me mentioning this years ago somewhere!!!!,......"the fact is some people just dont want to listen!!!!" icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.myartprofile.com/Ejay

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Mojacar & Area All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: