Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Endesa Bill
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Endesa Bill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Home & Furnishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrixonshea
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Endesa Bill Reply with quote

Just received a bill from Endesa for €262.21 for the period 8 October to 9 November stating we use 1128 units.
Our apartment was occupied by family for 13 days during this period with no use of the air con. This is largest monthly bill from Endesa since we purchased the apartment in 2008, including full usage during June, July and August.
Bills for October November for other years averaged out at around €25.
Has anyone received similar bills and how do I contact Endesa as I live outside Spain.
I mentioned this to our agent who looks after the apartment, but she states that they wil lnot talk to her under data protection, she also said I am wasting my time appealing to Endesa.
Any help would be very welcome
Wrixon
View users profile Send private message
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could well be an error - that bill does seem excessive for the period you quote.

I believe that Endesa are now grabbing back dated under payments from customers, following a recent Court (I think) decision that they could increase their prices from earlier this year. Apparently a letter is being included with all bills over the next few weeks explaining this -- so if you know where your bills are going to, it may include said letter, and that might be part of the reason for the high amount.

There is an Endesa office in Garrucha - quite near the roundabout where the Civil Guard station is located -- whilst the staff don't speak fluent English, they are very helpful (or they were to me a year or so back).

Patsy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msnorwell said:
Quote:
There is an Endesa office in Garrucha - quite near the roundabout where the Civil Guard station is located

That office closed quite some time ago now. Endesa are now located in a much smaller offiice in Calle Mayor (so small...you'd miss it if you blincked whilst passing by)....It's a few doors down from the 'Centro Cultura' but on the Calle Mayor entrance side as opposed to the one on the Paseo del Malecon....if you know what I mean!!

Tricia
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is around 20pence a unit nearly twice our UK price, no dought going up again in Spain soon ! damm dear, glad I'm in London for the winter months
spanishlady
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
That is around 20pence a unit nearly twice our UK price, no dought going up again in Spain soon ! damm dear, glad I'm in London for the winter months

Yes but in the UK, you probably need to have heating on all day and all night, at least here in Spain, we get some respite from the cold and occasionally have times where we do not need to put the heating on during the day. You say " you are glad you are in London during winter months" but your profile shows Hornchurch, which I believe is Essex or has Essex suddenly become London?
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That office closed quite some time ago now. Endesa are now located in a much smaller offiice in Calle Mayor (so small...you'd miss it if you blincked whilst passing by)....It's a few doors down from the 'Centro Cultura' but on the Calle Mayor entrance side as opposed to the one on the Paseo del Malecon....if you know what I mean!!

Thanks for the correction -- it was probably 2 years since I last went in to the old office.

pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Us old ones still say Essex but around 1965 we went into the London borough off Havering
Since we have been back [1 month] our gas bill to keep the house at 21c is around £100 , c/heating doesn't click on till it drops below 11c outside, in Spain at our flat heating is needed when outside drops below about 16/17c , too many tiles around and poor insulation of the buildings
Our beach is showing 13c today via the net , been showing crappy weather there this past month, so heating [if there] would have cost us a bomb
kingdh99
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrixonshea, have you tried establishing an on-line account via the Endesa web-site Endesa.es.

If you have a bill with your contract number on it you can create an account and then e-mail them in English to query your bill. They do respond eventually!

I received a letter from them stating that due to an official government decree they were re-assessing past bills over a certain period and adding charges to those bills so it may be that this is the reason for this latest bill.
tallgreygeezer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hii

Winter in Spain is vastly cheaper than the UK.

During the day it is sunny and with doors and windows open no heat is required. Today a coat was not required when shopping and all the washing dried outside quickly

Ok in the evenings a bit of heat is needed. But in total the number of hours of heating needed is tiny compared with the UK

So on balance being in the UK is way way dearer and unpleasant. I spent a number of weeks in the UK last year, freezing cold and the central heating going into overdrive. never aagain.
Legin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you (or somebody has used) 1128 units then the bill is about right. We have used that much electricity in a month but only in colder months as we use electricity to heat some rooms and we have a big old housein the campo. For October this usuage seems to be high so either somebody has left something on or something is faulty. Meters are generally on read every other month so it is possible that one of the readings for your bill is estimated and was either way too high or too low. When I was with Endesa I always read my own meter every month and input my readings online to ensure that I didn't get estimates.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tallgreygeezer

So what is your total spend for the YEAR [gas bottles;wood; electric ect ] to run your place , dont forget A/C in the summer is a running cost ?
spanishlady
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
tallgreygeezer

So what is your total spend for the YEAR [gas bottles;wood; electric ect ] to run your place , dont forget A/C in the summer is a running cost ?

what does it matter, are you trying to be an Harry Enfield type "I'm consideraby richer than you". and come back with it is better living in England than here in Spain. If Tallgreygeezer uses wood, then I am sure, if he is sensible he will pick up wood from the campo or wherever an opportunity arises to get free wood occurs. So how would he cost this if you need a breakdown of his annual costs for heating/power etc. What point are you trying to make?
tallgreygeezer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I was talking about the comparison between heating costs in winter twixt the UK and Spain.

So A/C summer costs are irrelevant as I do not have or would ever need to use, A/C in the UK.

The simple fact is that in the UK any type of heating will have been turned on for some weeks now, whilst here in Spain we have only had a handful of nights where we have flicked tghe heat on at all.

Plus of course winter here is also shorter. Never used gloves or me thermals here, last year I had the lot on in the UK .
spanishlady
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tallgreygeezer wrote:
Hi

I was talking about the comparison between heating costs in winter twixt the UK and Spain.

So A/C summer costs are irrelevant as I do not have or would ever need to use, A/C in the UK.

The simple fact is that in the UK any type of heating will have been turned on for some weeks now, whilst here in Spain we have only had a handful of nights where we have flicked tghe heat on at all.

Plus of course winter here is also shorter. Never used gloves or me thermals here, last year I had the lot on in the UK .

cor blimey, I have had me thermals on for the last week, gloves, scarf, ugg type boots and next week my sheepskin is coming out of the wardrobe. As we are getting older, we are feeling the chill a bit more, especially this year, although today the air has been extremely mild, even warm.
DEEBRIEF
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Heat Reply with quote

About 3/4 years ago we let out our house to someone for just a week in January and ended up with an electricity bill for over €200 for that month.

Found out later the people used the mobile radiators and had them all on 24 hours a day.

ATB

DEE

icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Home & Furnishing All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: