Almeria Travel Mate

Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Switching electricity companies...has anyone done this?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Switching electricity companies...has anyone done this?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandi
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Switching electricity companies...has anyone done this? Reply with quote

I think we all know what a pain Endesa can be....It was suggested to me we try this company to reduce our bills
http://www.iberswitch.com/

Has anyone any information, experiences re using them?

Sandi
View users profile Send private message
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes let us know iff you find one with NO standing charge
Oakesani
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Iberswitch were mentioned unfavourably by someone???

A Spanish neighbour of mine lives in Madrid but has a house here in Mojacar, she doesn't like Endesa, mainly because of the way they estimate the reading every other month, and is thinking of changing to Iberdrola - I'll let you know if she does it successfully and what the difference is.

One thing I do know, you would never find anyone without a standing charge - same in UK, there is always a standing charge whoever you are with.
Que-bien
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: lecky Reply with quote

The government set the tariffs so no difference that you would ever notice, so probably better staying where you are, and if its the not reading your meter you don't like, the read it and ring it in or on-line.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't pay a standing charge on one of my properties with Alantic, and there a few others that don't charge here in the UK
Legin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are using Iberswitch. They didn't quite deliver what was promised but we have benefitted all the same. When their agent called we were told that they would check electricity rates every month and make sure we got the best rates. However, in reality that stuck us on a 2 year fixed rate with CESEL (a Scandanavian company). At the time this fixed us on the same as the TUR rate but eventually we made a bit of a saving. However, as the Spanish government changed the rules we have ended up having to pay more even though on a fixed rate. That said we did make quite a saving because CESEL's billing was so bad. CESEL were supposed to waive the potencia charge for one month but actauly forgot to charge it for about 14 months! This more than paid Iberswitch's fee. However, the fixed rate has now expired and Iberswitch have not even been in touch so I am not convinced that they earn their €4pm.
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in one of the freebies whilst in Mojacar over the last 10 days, that Endesa are shortly to dispense with monthly billing and estimated readings every other month and do a full reading and bill customers every 60 days.
Sandi
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven´t heard about that.

Has anyone any thought about the tariff where the electric is cheaper overnight...sort of off peak I suppose?

Sandy
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msnorwell

Lets hope you are right, a bit like how it used to be [every 2 months]
Oakesani
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are right MSNorwell icon_biggrin.gif
This from my friend in Madrid:

The other thing is that ( I do not know if you have heard) as from 1st April this year, this thing about estimated and real readings is over. It is a governmental decree or resolution or something (can’t remember) but what it comes down to is that we will not be paying any estimated amounts into Endesa’s coffers.
As for the actual time when the reading takes place, we, the users, are supposed to let the electricity company know whether we wish to have the reading, and therefore, pay, every month or every two months.
I’m planning to come down in the second fortnight in Feb and then I am going to Endesa, early in the morning, and let them know I want it every 2 months (which is the way it is done up here in Madrid, anyway).
Oakesani
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Sandi

I have the cheaper at night tariff with Endesa

Basically for 14 hours it is almost 1/2 price (between 10 pm and 12 midday in Winter, and between 11 pm and 1 pm in summer)
for the other 10 hours the rate is increased from normal.

I find this works really well, especially for running air-con when you go to bed icon_smile.gif and I do all my washing in the off-peak hours too
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you are right MSNorwell

I'm glad I got that right and the sun didn't affect my recollection of what I read!

Tumbit
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FACUA consumers association recently concluded that in almost every case no one Electricity provider was any better than the others !
http://tinyurl.com/a8mmoyk

Oakesani
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are right - I'm staying with Endesa - better the devil you know, and I haven't had any problems with them - even with the estimating they were okay.

I will go to their office though and request monthly billing (I prefer that to two monthly)
border

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oakesani
I also read about changing to two monthly bills. Missed
The bit about informing Endesa. Could you let me know
Where there office is. The one we went to in Garrucha, near
police station, is now closed. Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: