Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - GREEDY LANDLORDS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

GREEDY LANDLORDS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Renting A Holiday Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tallgreygeezer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: GREEDY LANDLORDS Reply with quote

Some of the prices being quoted by owners for holiday lets are amazing.

Villas in TURRE that are miles from the sea quoted at £1,000 a week!!!

I hope the Spanish tax office is checking up on these, no agents and you bet no tax declaration either.
View users profile Send private message
lifesgood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: GREEDY LANDLORDS Reply with quote

tallgreygeezer wrote:
Some of the prices being quoted by owners for holiday lets are amazing.

Villas in TURRE that are miles from the sea quoted at £1,000 a week!!!

I hope the Spanish tax office is checking up on these, no agents and you bet no tax declaration either.
i agree one bed appartments on mojacar playa 350 to 500 a week crazy icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif no wonder mojacars dead as a door nail peter
Adeybrown
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand your point. If it is too high then no one will rent it, the market decides the value in a free market environment. If your neighbour is renting his place out for £200 and filling his place all year round and you charge £350 and are empty then that is up to you.

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay anything.

If I was renting my place out I would charge a fortune. I don't need to rent it but on the off chance somebody wanted to rent it I would make sure I was making enough to cover the hassle of broken/missing items, damages etc.
tallgreygeezer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is, quite obvious, such a sum is ridiculous and just plain GREEDY.

Nobody will rent at that price, and the property well may stay empty, so a missed opportunity for other revenue for the area.

Plus silly prices put people off even looking further.

The fact that someone may be duped into paying this over the top sum, does not sit right with me, if Adeybrown finds that OK then I am not impressed with his/her morals.

The emphasis should be on value for money, not how much can I rip people off for.
Adeybrown
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£1000 per week for a one bed apartment in Turre does seem excessive.

When you start getting below £200 per week it actually costs the landlord money to rent out. This is why.

Cleaning - £50
Laundry - £20
Key holding/meet/greet/check out - £20
Agent Commission - £30
Utility Bills - £25
Community charges - £15
Wear and Tear * - £30

* Wear and tear based on 10 rentals a year and £300 per year on average to buy new bedding/beds/towels/cutlery/crockery/pans etc

So I wouldn't say it was greedy to claw back losses

I don't rent out but I don't really think the kind of penny pincher looking for rock bottom bargains is the person I would want to rent my house out to.

I understand that £1000 for a one bed is excessive but a rarity. In peak times if I was to rent a 2 bedroom apartment as 2 couples I would be quite happy to pay £800 per week. Less than £30 per night per person for peak season seems normal (or £60 per night per room). If somebody felt that was "greedy" then I have to be honest and say I think Mojacar would be a better place without these people. I am sure they will find what they are looking for in Torrevieja, Torremelinos or Magaluf.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our next door neighbor rented out once , all the blinds were broken on the windows ,plus water damage [ I assume tapes left on ] she doesn't rent out anymore, NOT worth the aggro !
babygirl
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adeybrown wrote:
£1000 per week for a one bed apartment in Turre does seem excessive.

When you start getting below £200 per week it actually costs the landlord money to rent out. This is why.

Cleaning - £50
Laundry - £20
Key holding/meet/greet/check out - £20
Agent Commission - £30
Utility Bills - £25
Community charges - £15
Wear and Tear * - £30

* Wear and tear based on 10 rentals a year and £300 per year on average to buy new bedding/beds/towels/cutlery/crockery/pans etc

So I wouldn't say it was greedy to claw back losses

I don't rent out but I don't really think the kind of penny pincher looking for rock bottom bargains is the person I would want to rent my house out to.

I understand that £1000 for a one bed is excessive but a rarity. In peak times if I was to rent a 2 bedroom apartment as 2 couples I would be quite happy to pay £800 per week. Less than £30 per night per person for peak season seems normal (or £60 per night per room). If somebody felt that was "greedy" then I have to be honest and say I think Mojacar would be a better place without these people. I am sure they will find what they are looking for in Torrevieja, Torremelinos or Magaluf.
your chatting rubbish you just dont seem to get the point lou lou
babygirl
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adey are you in mojacar or vera??? how can you dare say mojacar is better of without these people???? your not real and answer me mojacar or vera? lou lou
lmjohn
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have I miss-read this? Can't see anything about a one bed apartment for £1000? Thought it said a villa.
If if rents at that price then it is a fair price surely. It may be four or five bedrooms, so per person that is a good price?
Not sure where this thread is going anyway
Adeybrown
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lou Lou
I'm not quite sure what your point is because you haven't articulated your grievance particularly well but I would be pleased to answer any questions.

I live in Vera. My point was that if you make accommodation cheap it in turn makes the area cheap. The people looking to rent for the lowest price are people who generally will also look for £3 roast dinners and £2 Full English. This referred to any resort on the costa almeria, not Mojacar specifically.

My calculations for costs were given in the hope that it would make people think a little more about what it takes to just break even. I would expect very few of these "greedy" landlords actually make a profit, most just cover expenses.

Therefore it was answering the initial post which was claiming people were being "greedy". I would say the majority aren't they are just covering costs.
babygirl
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adeybrown wrote:
Hello Lou Lou
I'm not quite sure what your point is because you haven't articulated your grievance particularly well but I would be pleased to answer any questions.

I live in Vera. My point was that if you make accommodation cheap it in turn makes the area cheap. The people looking to rent for the lowest price are people who generally will also look for £3 roast dinners and £2 Full English. This referred to any resort on the costa almeria, not Mojacar specifically.

My calculations for costs were given in the hope that it would make people think a little more about what it takes to just break even. I would expect very few of these "greedy" landlords actually make a profit, most just cover expenses.

Therefore it was answering the initial post which was claiming people were being "greedy". I would say the majority aren't they are just covering costs.
look mojacar is not monte carlo or peurto banus so yes they will want £3 dinners and£2 breakfast but they will not get them the point is your saying we dont need these people in mojacar well YOU ARE BLOODY WELL WRONG SAYING THAT BECAUSE MOJACAR AND THE BARS DO NEED THEM!!!! NOW DO ME A FAVOR AND STICK TO VERA WERE YOUR FROM!!!! WAT MOJACAR DOE,S NEED NEED IS YOU!!! KERMIT icon_twisted.gif
babygirl
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT NEED IS YOU KERMIT!!! THATS WAT IT WAS MEANT TO SAY icon_twisted.gif
Adeybrown
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_lol.gif and I am sure Mojacar is a better place for having such a well mannered and wise person as yourself standing up for it.
babygirl
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adeybrown wrote:
icon_lol.gif and I am sure Mojacar is a better place for having such a well mannered and wise person as yourself standing up for it.
dont push your luck sunshine...
Adeybrown
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are kidding me, some snivelling little gormless internet troll. Grow some balls and go and do something constructive with your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Renting A Holiday Home All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: