Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - WANTED! 7 Seater car
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

WANTED! 7 Seater car

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacquihl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: WANTED! 7 Seater car Reply with quote

Hi. We are living in UK but have place in Palomares near Mojacar. We've been hitting a car but now want to buy. We're looking for a 7 seater and would prefer an Automatic but it's not essential as I know there's not much choice. Can't quite believe how many km on clock everything is!

We are also considering buying in UK and driving over but know its more complicated.

Any help appreciated. Thanks
View users profile Send private message
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you really worked out the cost of hiring to purchase ? spoke to a chap last month wished he had never purchased a car in Spain, but it all depends on ones circumstances,ie, how long over in Spain at a time,distance from airport to get picked up; ect
jacquihl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've hired cars previously but have decided to buy (going halves with parents who also have apartment) as the hire cost during main season is very high. Also we have grown up kids who can also use it and we can leave it at park and fly which is easy.

We have a 1 and half hour drive from airport to our apartment. My brother in law has one and he says its worked out cheaper for him over the years.

The last time we hired from Gold Car it was around 500 for 9 days as everything seems to get added on on collection, and because we always need a big car it's more expensive
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also work out the cost on a 9 year year period , as they are trying to [MOT wise] to fail cars over this age , so as to pick up the economy , ie to purchase a car every 9 years
Personal-CD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:
....they are trying to [MOT wise] to fail cars over this age.....

Have you got any documentary support for that statement?

pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read it somewhere , and a friend that has been there since 86 also confirmed, in the local paper last month police are stopping lots of motors as there seems to be about 50% yes half with NO mot
Personal-CD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vehicles not having an ITV is not quite the same as your saying that older vehicles are being denied one.

FWIW, one of our cars is now well past its 15th birthday and as a 'commercial' vehicle (it's a Berlingo, in their view, a van with windows) it has to have an ITV every six months. Nobody has ever suggested that we get rid of it, because of its age.

pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

''Vehicles not having an ITV is not quite the same as your saying that older vehicles are being denied one.''

I would think it is as it is very unlikely to get through, by all accounts the exhaust system must not have any welding on it , so for a berlingo [I have one] the price I was quoted in the UK was 500 for cat with pipe and 60 pound for box,had it done for 60 pound box plus 30 pound welding to pass the MOT , not possible in Spain as it would have to be a new complete unit for about 650 pound
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say that I have had 2 exhaust systems on my Berlingo since 2001 , cost in the UK > 60+30+50 total 140 pound , in Spain if they enforcing new only systems about 1300 pound, now you can see why people are not having MOT's done and taking a chance with the police the fine must be a lot less
Personal-CD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be lucky, my Berlingo still has its original exhaust system icon_smile.gif . It seems a replacement is around the 70 mark in the UK, no doubt it would be more here.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'' It seems a replacement is around the 70''
That is for the box [silencer] the pipe connecting it to the engine comes in one unit with the cat in it hence the 500 pound cost
In the UK the cat is not needed on a diesel to pass the MOT , I bet it is in Spain !
I would say to buy a 20k odd motor over a 10 year period it would cost you about 3k pounds a year to run/lose , due to depreciation; parking cost;MOT's; and that is providing you do not have an accident ; break in, ECT

It cost us about 1000 pounds a year to hire a Berlingo/Nemo [we have a wheelchair] and NO worry , that is for 4 weeks May/June and 4 weeks Sep/Oct only problem is the que at the airport getting it
Personal-CD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pottsy189 wrote:

That is for the box [silencer] the pipe connecting it to the engine comes in one unit with the cat in it hence the 500 pound cost

This one - http://www.catalyticconvertershop.co.uk/catalytic_converters/CITROEN_BERLINGO/993/details/ - looks like the whole caboodle to me.

pottsy189 wrote:
In the UK the cat is not needed on a diesel to pass the MOT , I bet it is in Spain !

No idea, but if it had one to start with, it's guaranteed they would want to see one.

pottsy189 wrote:
I would say to buy a 20k odd motor over a 10 year period it would cost you about 3k pounds a year to run/lose , due to depreciation; parking cost;MOT's; and that is providing you do not have an accident ; break in, ECT

It cost us about 1000 pounds a year to hire a Berlingo/Nemo [we have a wheelchair] and NO worry , that is for 4 weeks May/June and 4 weeks Sep/Oct only problem is the que at the airport getting it

I would guess your running costs are about right and for you, for a couple of months a year, hiring is certainly a better bet. However, we live here year round and we use our cars daily - hiring or leasing would not be an economical approach.

The Berlingo was four years old when we bought (in 2001). Can't remember what it cost, probably around the 4,500 euro mark. It's been extremely reliable and not outrageously expensive to run and maintain. If it fell apart tomorrow, it has more than served its purpose and paid its way, although I believe it still has a few more years in it. I would seriously consider buying another one (and there are not too many cars I can say that about).

pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal CD

Thanks for that address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Cars & Transport All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: