Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Airport lifts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Airport lifts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Airport lifts Reply with quote

Would it be possible to set up on this site a page for people requiring lifts to airport like the one on the Arboleas forum. I often travel to and from Alicante with an empty car and would be willing to offer a lift.
View users profile Send private message
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a good idea
sonya
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Airport lifts Reply with quote

Excellent idea because I will travelling to Alicante alone to collect my husband and would be happy to either drop somebody off or collect somebody if the times worked out. Probably end up with somebody objecting to this but never mind.
xpsy0211

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: airport lifts Reply with quote

Great idea, but I expect there will be some sort of problem.
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see you having a problem at Alicante airport as there is a very large pickup area , Taxi's are out of site round the corner, different problem at Almeria as all the Taxis are outside the main door ready to pounce
JoeP
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not confuse matters re pick-up areas, taxis etc. There is nothing stopping anybody from giving somebody a lift. I dont know how many times I arrived in Alicante/Murcia/Almeria/Malaga airports and travelled alone to Mojacar Playa. I have no problems giving somebody a lift. I mooted this idea several years ago on this forum and there was no interest. Perhaps with the ongoing recession the concept can take off?
tallgreygeezer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a great idea, but there could be problems if you accept money for petrol, with insurance etc.

You are aware of how these simple ideas, are fraught with unseen problems
and is the reason why the airport runs have all crashed and burned.

It is the fine line between giving a lift and acting as an unlicensed taxi that will be the problem. Would any passengers have insurance cover in the event of an accident? In the compensation culture we live in, it leaves the driver/owner at risk.
JoeP
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With respect, here we go again inserting problems where there are none. I know any lift I ever gave to anybody I never even hinted at a contribution towards petrol etc.

If those of us in any apartment complex, street, road, camping site are meeting each other at around the same time every year there is nothing to prevent anybody to set up a type of car pool.

I don't care how loud the taxi drivers shout or even the unofficial taxi service claiming imminent poverty there is nothing stopping people with empty cars offering a lift to somebody. Go for it or it will cost you.
exclusiveairportshuttles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Airport shuttles Reply with quote

Exclusive airport Shuttles service begins 1st June. 18Euros per person, per way, collection points Mojácar Playa, Turre and Los Gallardos.

more info www. exclusiveairportshuttles .co.uk

Hope this helps. Means residents don't have to leave their cars in the airport. We are looking into Alicante from October 2014, once the Almería flights have dried up for winter.

Murcia will depend on demand, if you are interested in flights to and from Murcia please email us. If there is enough interest we will add routes to Murcia.
tallgreygeezer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK

Fine in theory, but after an accident things change.

An example, a guy on holiday in Costa Blanca area, went on one of the organised walks, the type of walk many of us use in Mojacar.

This guy fell, broke a bone and was taken to hospital,totally his fault he admitted.

However he had travel insurance and made a claim for something, the insurance company noted that he was on an organised walk and promptly tried to sue the walk organisers. The Result being that now we sign a waiver to free up the walk organisers from litigation.

So the point I was making, that whilst I think the lift idea is great, there are potential pitfalls however well meant the idea is.
JoeP
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Tallgreygeezer for your input and I know you mean well. But, if we were to take every precaution on everything we would soon be signing waivers to use the toilet in Beachcombers after a few beers.

The shuttle service mentioned here sounds good also, so, at least transfers options are emerging. And this must be good.
TimnJo
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Airport shuttles Reply with quote

exclusiveairportshuttles wrote:
Exclusive airport Shuttles service begins 1st June. 18Euros per person, per way, collection points Mojácar Playa, Turre and Los Gallardos.

more info www. exclusiveairportshuttles .co.uk

Hope this helps. Means residents don't have to leave their cars in the airport. We are looking into Alicante from October 2014, once the Almería flights have dried up for winter.

Murcia will depend on demand, if you are interested in flights to and from Murcia please email us. If there is enough interest we will add routes to Murcia.

Murcia would be very useful!
gibbo73

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey folks i am heading to Roquetas de mar on the 7th of june with my wife and son is there anybody able to pick us up and drop us off i will gladly pay for petrol icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif rather than pay the taxi. the last time we were there the taxi cost us a fortune, but on the way home a very kind English man now living there brought us back to the airport for half the money icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif
parador1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Murcia Reply with quote

This service would be fantastic if it covered Murcia Airport we use Murcia approx. 4 times a year and always have transport problems. Until then though we arrive August 4th from Glasgow Prestwick around 1 pm going down to Playa Vera 3 adults and a baby just on the off chance anyone has an empty car.
Personal-CD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gibbo73 wrote:
..... i will gladly pay for petrol icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif rather than pay the taxi........ on the way home a very kind English man now living there brought us back to the airport for half the money icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

This action goes to the root of the very problem that others have raised.

The moment you start parting with money, the driver is considered to be 'plying for hire' and his insurance will become invalid and cease to cover him, the vehicle, or you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Cars & Transport All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: