Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Airport lifts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Airport lifts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tallgreygeezer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Insurance is so very important, especially when you have children in a car.

Whilst it all seems very amicable and friendly , the truth is, IF a tragedy happens, then it all changes.

It is not about blame either, If as a result of an accident you needed prolonged medical care, etc. That would be denied by an invalid insurance.

Yes taxis cost money, part of that charge is due to a proper driver and proper Insurance.

I am not being a kill joy, only pointing out that saving money can be an expensive exercise.

To be safe, check with your insurance policy/ company about giving lifts.
Accepting money is usually the deal breaker.

Do not think that nobody would know, if an accident did happen the changes in people is dramatic.
View users profile Send private message
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Driver can be your 'Uncle' if you like and as long as there's no mention of payment,"'nudge nudge,wink wink,say no more,say no more",then everything will be fine.We've all paid cash for black market services or things and I challenge that he who is without thingamy may cast the first whatsit if you catch my drift.
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tallgreygeezer is spot on --- there is no such thing as 'nudge nudge wink wink' with motor (or any) insurance......having worked at a motor insurer for 10 years, believe me, they have ways of establishing the true position and will void illegitimate claims where discovered.

As Tallgreygeezer says, if in any doubt, check your policy or talk to your motor insurer..........I have seen some tragic cases where non disclosure has caused the policyholder untold difficulty.
It's not worth saving (say) 30 Euros on a lift and jeopardising your and others' future well being.

jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then why don't you just pay at the end of the journey?As long as its somebody that you know well.It wouldn't be a problem for me.I would rather take a lift from someone I knew rather than a Taxi driver I didn't.Regarding payment you could just agree to 'share the fuel',its not rocket science.Anyway each to their own,either take it or leave it as long as you know the risks.
parador1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for all the tips, advice and opinions. I will keep it all I mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Cars & Transport All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: