Almeria Travel Mate

Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Non residents MUST update their ID before 15th of December
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Non residents MUST update their ID before 15th of December

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveXC
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Non residents MUST update their ID before 15th of December Reply with quote

Saw this on David Jackson's website;

"Got a non resident bank account? If you do, you MUST ensure your bank has a digital copy of your ID before the 15th of December, or your account will be suspended, meaning your bills will bounce and no transactions will take place. Depending on the bank, utility bills and standing direct debits will probably continue to be honoured, but you won’t be able to transfer cash out of the account.

The warning comes as banks remind their customers that under the Ley 10/2010, de Prevencion de Blanqueo de Capitales, the deadline is fast approaching."

Read more http://www.davidjackson.info/blog/2014/10/24/non-residents-must-update-their-id-before-15th-of-december/

Has anybody received anything from their bank or know of this rule / law ?.

We always confirm our Non-residence status with our bank, every 2 years and they complete the forms and notify the authorities.

Dave
View users profile Send private message
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bank does this automatically for both me and the wife, just over 30e each
blaze1
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

A friend of ours just texted me details of this on the Spectrum FM website, it was the first I've heard of it, my Bank (Bankia) hasn't been in touch with me and I've just also been onto Internet banking and I have no unread correspondence from them.

The annoying thing is, (if it's true) we only returned from Mojacar today and won't be returning until the new year!
blaze1
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

A friend of ours just texted me details of this on the Spectrum FM website, it was the first I've heard of it, my Bank (Bankia) hasn't been in touch with me and I've just also been onto Internet banking and I have no unread correspondence from them.

The annoying thing is, (if it's true) we only returned from Mojacar today and won't be returning until the new year!
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will show up on your bank statement, I think it is done every other year , I have only this years statement , last years is in the flat and have misplaced my online password so can not check back
DaveXC
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a bit more research and found this on BBVA's website;

"All financial institutions are required to have a scanned document of certain of our customers to verify their identity back, economic or professional activity or source of funds, according to Law 10/2010 on Prevention of Money Laundering.
Failure to comply with this legal requirement may force us to cancel all accounts contracted by clients who do not provide such documentation.

DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED
Therefore, in order to continue offering our services to our customers , we need your assistance in obtaining the required documentation.
Documents that may be required are:
Identification document (DNI, NIE, Passport, etc.)
Statement of Economic Activity (DAE). Documents to be completed and signed by the customer where their declarations regarding their trade are collected, either in the office or through your Client Login in bbva.es (My Profile).
Document certifying the economic or professional activity . Depending on the client, or activity, you must provide one or other of those listed below:
Current payroll Receipt (not older than 3 months).
Employment certificate issued by the employer.
Certificate of salaries, pension or allowance.
Income tax return last year.
Current labor contract.
Declaration Census Forced Tax (Form 036).
High activity in the Treasury (Tax License).
Last quarterly or annual VAT or income tax withholding statement.
Last receipt of the professional association.
Receipt of Social Security in the regime of self (not older than 3 months).

For more information, BBVA line 902 22 44 66 or contact manager usual."

I would think that if your bank have a copy of your current passport, it should be OK.
This has nothing to do with the Non-residents declaration.
If anyone knows better, please post a reply.
Cheers.

Dave
rossiterm
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave

Thanks for bringing this to our attention

I checked with our bank - Sabadell - and they confirmed they're contacting non-res customers and will require up to date copies of passports.

Will wait for that ( for a while!) - but presumably it will say copies can be scanned & emailed. If not would have to be mailed if customers not in Spain before 15 Dec

Mike
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I popped into the Puerto Rey branch of Solbank last week with my concerns as I had heard the announcement on Spectrum FM,they assured me that it may be the case with other Banks but not this one and they confirmed my details were all in order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: