Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Route from San Javier to Mojacar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Route from San Javier to Mojacar

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
westhamneil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Route from San Javier to Mojacar Reply with quote

I'll be driving from Murcia Airport to Mojacar on my next trip in a couple of weeks. Normally I take the toll road, but thought I'd try to avoid it this time and cut across country to pick up the E15. I don't have sat-nav and when I attempted this once before I gave up after getting lost (although I know now where Corvera Airport is.... icon_rolleyes.gif) Could someone advise me on the directions, please. Thanks very much.
View users profile Send private message
blaze1
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have Sat Nav and got lost before, have you thought about buying a map? Or using your PC/laptop/tablet to access a route finder and using the filters remove toll roads etc.

Try the following Website:

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/
KevinR
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Route to Mojacar Reply with quote

Easy part first - the sea should be on your left!!
icon_biggrin.gif
The trick is to watch for the AP-7 sign - that's the Auto PEAGE or toll, so you want to avoid that if you don't want to pay tolls - especially if on your own in a RHD car - a long way to stretch!

So keep to the A7/E15. It's clearly sign posted from Murcia airport/car rental points.

What you might find useful is to use a Route Planner before you travel and enlarge the junctions on and off the E15 so you've an idea in your head about the layout and don't take the wrong exit. Better still, print them off and have them handy in the car.

It's an easy route, just ensure you feel confident about the junctions and remember to look LEFT first, especially at roundabouts. Don't take a chance, if it says "STOP" then do so to ensure all is clear. Don't get flustered by any driver behind you honking - it's YOUR life so look after it!

Via Michelin route planner also shows the toll amounts so you can work out if it's better to pay a little to avoid a long hold up which sometimes occurs.. There's nothing wrong in coming off the AP7 if the A7 is running alongside empty!
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Advice From KevinR here
Legin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quickest route (by about 1/2 minutes) is to head out of the airport your usual way and join the AP7 heading south (towards Cartagena). However, after about 5/6 km leave the AP7 and take the road sign posted for Torre-Pacheco (Google says it is exit 790).

Don't go into Torre-Pacheco though as there is a big bypass round the town - just follow the signs for A30 to Murcia.

When you get to the A30 there is a huge roundabout. Take the RM2 exit (to Alhama de Murcia).

The RM 2 will take you to the A7 (take the Andalucia exit). then follow the A7 to Antas or Los Gallardos and take your preferred route into Mojacar.

A slightly longer route (it take 2 minutes more) is to head north on the AP7 to the next exit (you want the RM19 but it may be signposted as the 3319). Follow the RM 19. As you approach the mountains you will merge with the A30. As you come down the other side of the mountain you want to take the MU31 (signposted Andalucia I think). After a few miles the MU31 merges into the MU30. About 2 km after you go through a tunnel (junction 0) you want to take the A7 (to Andalucia/Granada/Almeria). Then as before follow the A7 to Antas/Los Gallardos. This route is a little more interesting with so great views of Murcia city as you come down the mountain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Cars & Transport All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: