Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Lack of rentals
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Lack of rentals

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Renting A Holiday Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JEEPER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Lack of rentals Reply with quote

Why such a lack of holiday rentals this year?

Is it the case that there a re lots of empty properties owned by the banks?

If this is the case is it worth visiting Garrucha or is it very very subdued?

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers
JMC
View users profile Send private message
Patsy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean lack of holiday places available or lack of people wanting to rent?
I'm taking it you mean the former as I know a few Spanish families that can't find a place to rent for the first fortnight in August!
And Garrucha...so far (being only July), is having it's best start to the summer for years! Far from being subdued!

Tricia
JEEPER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I meant the former, it is good that it is busy.

However in comparison to previous years, there are a lot less holiday rentals available (listed, even if booked) & I therefore wondered why properties where not being offered for rent.

i.e. Was it because the "owners" no longer owned them?

JMC
pottsy189
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could also be that people are not going to arab countries , read in a paper, English tourist to Spain are up about 5% so far this year compared to last year , so flat's are more in demand so not many around to let out
JEEPER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that Potsy, however the point I m making is not only that the holiday rentals are booked, it is that there are a lot less advertised in the area than previous years, irrespective of whether or not the have secured a booking.

JMC
bomagdrink
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEEPER wrote:
I understand that Potsy, however the point I m making is not only that the holiday rentals are booked, it is that there are a lot less advertised in the area than previous years, irrespective of whether or not the have secured a booking.

JMC
I would imagine repeat bookings and the fact that there has Been a marked increase in people's finances .. Ie not the urgency to rent will have a bearing .
tallgreygeezer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Perhaps the owners are a bit hesitant to advertise property that they let on the "Black Market" as the Hacienda are aware that the numbers of people arriving for holidays. do not match the amount of declared habitation.
hartcjhart
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEEPER wrote:

JMC

It could be that with the slow down on forum traffic that people are advertisisng their properties elsewhere,air bnb for example,also as has been said,repeat bookings are making it not needed for owners to advertise,I myself now have a base of 3 appartments that If I want to rent I contact direct
JEEPER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pottsy, I got somewhere eventually, not ideal as near water park, but it was obvious that there re more & more empty properties.

Also obvious around Garrucha that there where not as many people as there has been in the first half of August in previous years
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Renting A Holiday Home All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: