Almeria Travel Mate

Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Taxes Ayto Vera A.G.T.R.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Taxes Ayto Vera A.G.T.R.

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Taxes Ayto Vera A.G.T.R. Reply with quote

What are Taxes Ayto Vera A.G.T.O as shown on a bank statement?
View users profile Send private message
Legin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearing in mind the time of year it is probably IBI property tax
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid this in July and October and I thought that it may be property tax.I recently spoke to my solicitor and he asked me if I had been paying Non Resident Property tax and I thought that this was what i'd been paying.My solicitor explained that this was not the case as Non Resident Property Tax was not collected via direct debit.He said that I will have to submit a tax return and i'm waiting to hear from him regarding this.Apparently the government are going through all NIE numbers and checking if the Non Resident Tax has been paid.If they can see that this has been paid then they take no further action,however if it hasn't been paid then they will backdate the amount you owe to four years.His advice was to submit a Tax Return and pay the latest bill and then the government won't ask for any previous years.He said something like this;They make the calculation by taking a percentage of the Catasterol Value of the property dividing it by another amount and then you pay a percentage of that or something???.
Does anyone have any experience of this ?
Beachcomber
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some information in English here from AEAT:

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.internet/en_gb/Inicio/La_Agencia_Tributaria/Campanas/No_residentes/Impuesto_sobre_la_Renta_de_No_Residentes/Cuestiones_destacadas/Tributacion_de_los_inmuebles_urbanos_propiedad_de_no_residentes_personas_fisicas.shtml

The English is pretty dire and there are some errors but at least it gives you an indication.

Read down as far as the end of paragraph 2.1 unless you are actually letting your property in which case you need to read to the end of paragraph 2.2.

If you have not been paying these taxes they will go back four years prior to the current year being declared ie, 2010. Starting to pay now does not guarantee that they will not want the previous four years as well.
Legin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBI is only paid once a year. If paying every 3 months it may be rubbish tax which is another local tax. Non Resident Income Tax is something completely different as it is a national tax so would not come up with "Ayto Vera".

As a resident I don't pay the non resident tax. Basically, as I understand it the tax works on the basis that if you are not living in the house you might be renting it out so, using the catastral value they make up a figure of how much income you might earn on it (using a laid down formula) then on this assumed income they charge you a percentage income tax. The fact that you haven't let it out is irrelevant for the purposes of the tax. If you have never paid this tax then, as mentioned above, they can go back 4 years. However, if you have not being paying for more than that it is possible that they have pursued you for earlier years taxes and, in the absence of payment, they might have placed an embargo on the property.
Beachcomber
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The non-resident imputed tax is a tax on your own use of the property. If you are renting it out you must pay tax on the actual rental income and pay the imputed tax pro rata to the number of days that it is not rented out.

Resident property owners also pay the tax but it is included in their annual resident tax return.

There have been previous discussions about this. One of them can be found here:

http://www.viva-almeria.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=15108
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up guys.I will just have to wait and see how I get on and how much I have to pay.I will post on here soon as I know.
Beachcomber
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to your original question AGTR is nothing to do with the non-resident taxes. It is an acronym for Agencia Gestíon Tributara y Recaudación.

The timetable for the payment of various taxes in Vera can be found here:

http://www.vera.es/descargar.php?id=2015&tabla=calendario_contribuyente
jimbob
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou,I'm paying this twice a year,around about 100 euros each time.Does that sound about right to you?
Beachcomber
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGTR is not a tax in itself, it refers to the tax collection office. If it is going out in July and October it sounds like IBI Urbana.

It certainly will not be non-resident income tax because that is subject of self-declaration and does not get paid automatically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Healthcare, banking & Other Services All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: