Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Re: Restaurants in roquetas
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Re: Restaurants in roquetas
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> My Favourite Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saga
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Restaurants in roquetas Reply with quote

Hi,

Have just returned from roquetas and have tried another couple of restaurants . Only discovered La Vita restaurant off the avenida playa serena. The chef and owner Pierre is terrific - the food was very good indeed. I tried lamb and fish which were excellent. It's great to have such a resonably priced french restaurant - just sorry I only discovered it now. We also ate at Wild Coyote - if you're into great steaks - this guy Andrew knows his stuff! We had beautiful ribeye and sirloin steaks cooked to perfection with home made onion rings. Not really a steak lover but I really enjoyed this restaurant.

I love to hear recommendations for restaurants , bars etc - it really gives the place a whole new dimension - regards, saga
View users profile Send private message
SteveT
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had an evening meal there, but I recommend the Bar California in Las Marinas, near the Avenida Mediterraneo, for lunch and their menu del dia!

Traditional Spanish cooking, and superb value for money.

You need Spanish though, the waitresses don't speak a word of English (or at least the ones that were there when we went didn't).
saga
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve,

I'll give that one a try when I'm back out . We always like to try a couple of new places every time we go, so appreciate any recommendations. My favourite places of all to eat are tapas bars. I love La Gamba de Oro on the avenida mediterraneo and Patio Salao. When we go for a long walk on the paseo we always stop off at Bar Cullar beside the Bahia Serena Hotel. The sun is on the patio there until about 6.30 and you get a lovely tapa with every drink. It's run by Maria and ty who are really friendly - wish I was back there right now!!! - regards, saga
Beachcomber
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an evening meal with a difference I can recommend 'La Gruta' which is on the old road from Aguadulce to Almeria just after you pass through the second tunnel at km. 436. You need to be something of a carnivore, though, as their specialities are meat dishes.

The various dining rooms consist of caves cut into the mountainside which is very handy when they decide that they want to expand the dining area as all they need to do is cut out another cave.

As I now live in Málaga haven't been there for several years but it used to be the 'in' place for Spanish professionals from Almería.
saga
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Beachcomber,

That sounds like great fun!! Hope it's still open - regards, saga
SteveT
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a drive out is not a problem, I also recommend the Bar Almeria in Enix.

Again, only ever done the lunch time, but that was fantastic.....4 of us had menu del dia, beers, bread, olives, more beers and it only cost us €23 icon_eek.gif

Often we go for a drive into the Mountains and stop at some lovely villages, wander around, find a restaurant, go in, sit down, and invariably get a cracking meal at next to no cost compared to the UK or even the resorts!
saga
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm going to be busy next time !!! I agree with you Steve - it's great to go for a drive and happen upon some great little restaurant. It helps though if you speak a little spanish. We stopped at Ugijar in the Alpujarras last time and because it was getting late couldn't stay to check out the restaurants. It was absolutely beautiful there. The scenery in Spring is truly magnificent. Hope to go back up there in the summer as there seems to be quite a few places to eat and if we stay too late this time - we can always check in somewhere and see what the nightlife is like!!!! - thanks for all the recommendations guys - regards - saga
moody
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite resturant in Roquetas has to be the Meson el Bodegon, its on the avda de las gaviotas, it is a typical Spanish place that has a very wide ranging menu, the pork and rabbit dishes are superb, but my favourites are the seafood ones, they are to die for and lots of it, when we go it comes to about 8 E's per head inc drinks. And if i want a ribeye steak i go to el Rancho, he is the best.
SteveT
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moody wrote:
my favorite resturant in Roquetas has to be the Meson el Bodegon, its on the avda de las gaviotas, it is a typical Spanish place that has a very wide ranging menu, the pork and rabbit dishes are superb, but my favourites are the seafood ones, they are to die for and lots of it, when we go it comes to about 8 E's per head inc drinks. And if i want a ribeye steak i go to el Rancho, he is the best.

I agree Moody, great little restaurant/
FlyingPony
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two restaurants I particularly like are Flamingo's at the far end of the Avenida on the right hand side as you're walking away from the sea, but only go there when you're very hungry and have a bag with you for leftovers! And Tito's which is as you leave Roquetas driving towards the port on the road the bus takes, it's a couple minutes past the blocks of apartments there not far from Bar Spinnaker, they do a great menu for 11 euro which is three courses, coffee and a drink they're particularly good for seafood.

If you're staying around that end I also recommend Paco's, just along from the Zoraida, Paco himself is lovely, the food's always good and it's very reasonable.
susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very surprised that no one has mentioned "El Bistro" in Roquetas.
Sandi
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In view of the recent changes at El Bistro, there's probably a good reason no one's mentioned it.

we had a nice meal in Franks on Av Mediterraneo on Wednesday evening. (Franks has moved from opp the Gorilla to the old cafe maron premises) Initially it was spoiled somewhat by being surrounded by smokers. We asked if they had a non smoking section, which they don't, but the waitress did organise a table for us in a separate area. this wouldn't have been possible if the restaurant was full

sandy
susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear - what are the changes in El Bistro that no one wants to mention the place surely they cant be that bad
susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please could someone tell me what is wrong with El Bistro as this line of chat seems to come to an end when I mentioned this Restaurant. icon_confused.gif
SteveT
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quality of service etc at El Bistro has fallen a lot. They have also halved the size of the place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> My Favourite Place All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: