Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Re: Restaurants in roquetas
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Re: Restaurants in roquetas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> My Favourite Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulhutton
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was in last Sunday with wife and family took us 1.1/2 hour until we were served for our food it has gone down hill food still good just need to get there act on the service better
View users profile Send private message
susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems a shame.

We and our family have had some lovely meals there, and good times. We have seen the many changes over the years. Also watched the restaurant grow from day one when there was no other like it.

Suppose its a sign of the times!!!
Mandie55
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually go to El Bistro when we are out there but didn't get there at all when we were out last week. We did phone one afternoon only to be told they were closing in 15 minutes - this was at about 2.45pm. We never really bothered after that. Gilberts is excellent (near the Flamingo) - the carvery on Sundays is brilliant! Well worth a visit!!
susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's been over 2 months since anything was written about "my favourite place" so is it really that bad????????????????????
Mandie55
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to El Bistro when we were out there week before last Susie.

They have got rid of the area by the bar where you could sit and have a drink while you looked at the menu - that is now all dining tables. They have blocked off the area by the kitchen through the second arch - the arch is actually boarded up. The kitchen is now in a room that is between the ladies and gents toilets (sounds worse than it is). The menu was the same as usual - the choice of 3 set menus. Trevor was in the kitchen so the food was very nice - not that Ben is a bad chef - but Trevor's food is always a little better. Only one waitress and she was trying to do the tables and bar. They were changing the menu the next day so don't know what it will be like now.
Que-bien
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: roquetas Reply with quote

Seems to be people around today, bars not over flowing, but I don't ever remember a time when they were !
I had trouble putting my little car to rest, parking was really bad today.

paulhutton
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NA
It is still the same susie
maybe not so many people the last time we were over but saying that we only go down to the urb at weekends back over in august now for the rest of the year and see then if we want to stay anymore
not the same as it was years back
Trevors is still good me i think Ben is a better cook but i am not telling trev hahahhaaha
adios
susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Norma still their I should have written but have been busy.
paulhutton
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Susie
she is still there more during the day i think as she looks after juffer Husband you no he was in hospital dont you and lost his leg still the same good person
i think it is better the Bistro now back to what it was years back but on the old fish and chip shop side
Ben is more in charge now and doing realy well good cook my opinion
susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Paul it has got me spurred on to write to Norma. Yes knew about Phil as we spoke on the phone at the time - quite a nasty shock for all concerned.

Wonder if Roqetas has gone for good now?

We haven't' been over for a year and that is a long time for us as we were coming over every couple of months.
Even the dream of living there seems to be diminishing slowly.

Still we've got our memories of how it used to be and they were good days then.

Last edited by susiedodd on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total
Mandie55
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We agree that Ben is a good cook - but maybe the dishes that we eat are just slightly better when Trevor prepares them than Ben, it does not mean that we feel Ben is not a good cook! This is what gets me about forums, people take something someone has said and make it sound like a derogatory remark. It wasn't - we like the Bistro, have ourselves been going there for years and agree that both Ben and Trevor are good at what they do.
susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked the "bistro" when it was only one local. The ambience was their. I can understand though, the reason for taking on the old fish & chip shop as well, but unfortunately it hasn't worked out as expected and along the way has lost its touch. Maybe now it is back to one, doesn't matter which room, it may bring the old magic back. Though when the bistro first opened it was one of a kind as always someone has a good idea and others copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose competition is sometimes good for trade but it has always been said you need to be in a prominent position when the going gets tough.
teresa2008

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: El Bistro Reply with quote

We've been a couple of times in the last few weeks. Excellent meal both times. You're not rushed in & out. Exceptional quality & quantity of food for ordinary prices. You certainly don't need to keep it for a special occasion , was lucky enough to have Ben catering one night Trevor the other & thoroughly enjoyed both.
davidroq

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: El Bistro Reply with quote

I have just had 4 fabulous meals at El Bistro the service was great and so was the food , I was talking to the son Ben who now serves in the restaurant and bar , he said it was just him and his dad now after downsizing ,they had it running to perfection, and because he speaks fluent Spanish they had quite a few Spanish customers in , which for us was nice, we went there before when it was double the size ,but now it is smaller it has a lovely atmosphere.Cant recommend it too much, the steaks were fabulous.We also had Sunday lunch there, good potions ( you could have more if you wanted )
freshly cooked meat and vegetables. we have tried the rest but this was the best.
susiedodd
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad that the "Bistro" is now getting good results again. If you read through the threads on this forum then you will see that I have always stood by "El Bistro" and knew that one day things would return to how they should be.

Everyone should now try to :-
"keep up with the Jones's"

Ben bless him!!!! Remember him when he was only but a small child- he seems to have turned out well. (Keep it up Ben)[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> My Favourite Place All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: