Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - Home Owners of Salinas De Vera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Home Owners of Salinas De Vera
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Salinas De Vera, Vera Playa
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KerryandMartin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Holes Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Do you know if this is through the apartments in block 5 as well?

Thanks

Kerry
View users profile Send private message
PBurgess

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

I have now calmed down a bit and will now try to let you all know what is going on to the best of my knowledge.

Thank God we have Tina permanantley on site

I have used this post so that anyone who is monitoring it will be alerted, if you know any others who should know about what is happening get them to look at this post.

I got a call today from Jane, Tina phoned her to tell her that they have cut a hole through my back wall and were just about to do Jane and Mark's wall, Tina just stopped them in time.

Jane, Tina and Mark have rushed down to Keymare to find out what is going on. They have told them that apparently a community decision was made by our fantastic new president, which has given them the permission to create walk-ways through all of the ground floor private gardens, including Block 5, in order for them to mow our grass.

I had to disturb John whilst he was working to see if he new what is going on, he didn't, but he said he will get back to me tomorrow after phoning the new Managment company. (Thank you John)

Kerry - apparently you have a hole in both of your walls.

Sian has spoken to Mark this evening and apparently they are intending to put a gate to fill all the holes they have created. Apparently, if you do not want this gate fitted, but would prefer to have your wall put back, they will do this!!!!!!! Perhaps it would have been a good idea to have asked us all first..... Also, we have been advised that if you decide to have your wall put back, your grass will not be mowed but you will still pay for the mowing to be done.

I can't wait for our next vote in August and maybe us Brits won't be so divided and we will vote for a President who acts in our interest and not someone that makes decisions off their own back without consulting the people it affects first.

We are over in Salinas on Saturday and I will be on-line and will confirm the facts back to you all then.

We have also heard from Jane and Mark that the gardener is good, although there is only one of him and therefore the grounds still have a load of weeds, the baby pool if filthy, and the gate is broken again, apart from all of this, everything is going well.....ops forgot to mention that Derek (I think that is his name) had a LARGE garden pot stolen from his garden which contained a lovely plant.... so the sooner we have the gate fixed, the better.

Finally, I would like to thank Tina for bringing this to our attention so promptly, she is a diamond.

Pete and Sian
walkerm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

Thanks for prompt action you guys have taken, the gardens are small enough already without adding a walkway, and then there is the security aspect, hassle of keys etc.,

Look forward to your update when you arrive on the weekend.

We really need plenty of notice and clarity on exactly when the Aug AGM will take place, because I agree with you we need to take cohesive action to make sure this type of thing never happens again.

Cheers

Martin & Mandy
KerryandMartin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Walls Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Pete,

What a relief!

We have no problem with having a gate. Currently the gardener is breaking the hedge between us and next door and then damaging the wall pulling the lawn mower over it. We never understood why Key Mur never made any access for the gardener.

We have put up security screens so not too worried about that aspect, however if you have little ones it makes sense to be able to lock the gate whilst you are there.

Cheers again for alerting us so quickly and also updating us. See you over the next few months, if anyone is out there in the next few weeks perhaps they can take some pics and post on eye on spain

Thanks

Kerry & Martin
PBurgess

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry

No Probs with the alert

The problem I believe is not whether there is a gate there or not it is the fact that someone has given Authorisation for builders to access my property and knock down my Garden wall without even consulting with me or the community first.

This sets a precedent what happens when our President decides unitarily that all Satellite dishes have to come down (as he indicated at the meeting). Does he just allow builder to climb on peoples roofs and remove them? Also what about Air-conditioning Units in the block there is only 1 space per apartment, those people who have used multiple spaces will they turn up to find their Air-conditioning gone?

I will be there Saturday and will try to post some photos on eyeonspain, I will also update this post

Pete & Sian
brucealanjackson
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete, those selfish morons who have used more than one space for their air-con units, should have it forcefully removed and made tp pay any costs incurred. It's their lack of concern that means someone goes without. That's unacceptable in a sharing community.

This kind of self centred rubbish has to be stamped on and sooner the better. Cheers ..hope you all get a satis outcome on the walls and gates. what happens to those who live there and wish to mow their own lawns ??
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

hope all those affected by the creation of access points to gardens find an amicable solution with those responsible. I can clearly see the need to create access for maintenace, however we should have been informed beforehand. It is important that completion of gates etc. is performed to an acceptable level and is harmonious with the development.

Bruce, regards your suggestion of individuals cutting their own grass this is not permitted. Maintenance of all grass areas both private and communal are under the the rules of the community and are to be maintained by the community. If this were not the case you would have some gardens well looked after and some resembling a jungle.

On your other point regards aircon units, can I suggest you be careful with your terminology describing owners who may have inadvertently done this. I'm sure you may find that many if not all owners were unaware of any space restrictions and went on the guidance of reputable aircon companies for installation. Unless it was pointed out to the owner they would not know nor would I expect them to climb onto the roof to find out.

Best Regards,

Murray
PBurgess

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wise words as always Murray

Our Predicament has come to a satifactory conclusion they rebuilt our wall Yesterday. (using our hose and water to add to the insult)

Martin -

Regarding the Kerb, it had been broken twice (we were not there on both occasions). The second time I asked Brandy if he could just extend the kerb, he doesn't speak much English so I got on the phone to Juan.

Well after the shocks of this week I am really looking forward to Saturday when we can have few glasses of Sangria and a relax on the baclony.

As I said I will update this post next week, if any of you are over there do pop over for a cold one.

All the best
Pete & Sian
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your break Pete and have a sangria for me.

Best wishes,

Murray
walkerm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Cheers can you give me a contact number for Juan, have a great break, even better if you see anyone on site can you ask them to put in a similar kerb stone to yours.

You can take this as authority for them to do so.

Thanks

M & M
PBurgess

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin

No probs I'll pop over to the office and tell them.

Pete
KerryandMartin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Walls and Gates Reply with quote

Thanks for the Further updates.

I hope they never used our water, I think we must be watering the community - our bills are huge for the amount of time we have spend there. We are going to ask someone to look into them.

I agree we should have been informed prior to any construction work taking place.

Also with the satelittes and air con units we need to be informed prior to any action taking place - we have still not installed sat yet and are waiting for direction on this, we aim to share a dish in block 5. For the air con we have the single box but had originally purchased more than one it was only when we had to switch suppliers we were aware of the situation.

Look forward to seeing the pics

Kerry
dontbelieveaword
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he he
who voted in this President??? who gave him these powers??
are you all mad, what lovely neighbours you all are icon_lol.gif
del
PBurgess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Well that went too quickly, every time I go back to Salinas de Vera I never want to come back. The weather was lovely the complex is looking fantastic all the work Tina put in as president really has paid off.

I would like to point out to others who read this forum that are not from Salinas de Vera that this is in my opinion by far the best development in the area and any discussions/debates we have as a community on this website are an indication of our collective desire to keep this complex the best in the area.

On the first Sunday we had a BBQ to celebrate Meganís birthday and we were touched that so many of the permanent residents turned up to help us celebrate thanks Tina, Mark, Jane, Ellie, Gwyn, Janine and Adele we really had a lovely time.

Itís amazing how helpful it is talking to the people who live there all the time and how much you can learn about the area and your own complex; it really feels like a community now. Janine kindly composed a letter in Spanish (she is very good) to Jose with a list of issues that need to be addressed this included the gate, the kids pool, the public lawns and the private garden walls and to be fair by the end of the week the pool and the Gate were working.

Now to the walls Ė As I said my wall was rebuilt on the Thursday evening before I went out there, I have taken photoís of the back gardens and I will post them on eyeonspain. When we arrived there were holes knocked through all the garden later in the week a team turned up and installed gates.

In my opinion the gates look terrible and the finishing is not very good, some of you may think the gates a great but I am very happy that my garden has no gates.

Whilst out there we caught up with Jose whilst he was walking around the complex with the gardener we asked him who authorised this work at first he tried to blame Tina but luckily Tina was with us and then he changed his story and said he did not know.

We asked the Gardener if he had asked for the Gates to be installed he said he did not, we also asked if he had a problem mowing the gardens that do not have gates and he said he had no problem and that he was happy with the gardens as they were. So the mystery of the gates continues: Who requested it? Who Authorised this? And Who paid for it?

I would also like to know when our own Salinas De Vera Website will be up and I would like to suggest that this has a private members forum where we can discuss any issues in private and post pictures of our complex.

With all the above said and done we canít wait until we are out there again in August (from the 11th to 2nd of Sep) see you all then.

Pete & Sian
murrays
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your time and efforts for the update Pete, much appreciated. Can't help think the opening of the walls may have been a keymur lead operation due to an oversite on their part, I'm sure the truth will come out. We still need to chase up keymur regards the uneven communal grass and the stained exterior walls - I'm still pursuing these.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Murray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Salinas De Vera, Vera Playa All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: