Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - La Capilla
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

La Capilla

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> My Favourite Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeP
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: La Capilla Reply with quote

Perhaps I should say Meson - La Capilla (The Chapel), situated between Garrucha and Turré (and very near Loma Blanca Restaurant).

What a setting - a former religeous monastery, packed with all kinds of beautiful plants, fountains, relics etc.

It has a mainly Spanish clientele and staff. The place wreaks of history and discussion themes.

We went midweek a few times and on each occasion it was packed, therefore, I feel advance booking to be essential.

There is quite a choice on the mouth-watering menu and the staff are friendly. This is an ideal venue for that special occasion and it is not too expensive.

I feel this restaurant must already have been reviewed on this site and if I am stealing somebody's thunder, then sorry.
View users profile Send private message
msnorwell
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about the setting etc ........but the food leaves quite a bit to de desired!!!!
JoeP
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - The food is good also (dreadful omission by me in my post) - It has Spanish food, prepared and presented the Spanish way - no plastic pictures of hamburgers here. [But, MS you are entitled to your opinion).

The Wine List is extensive and excellent. This restaurant is different than any other I know in the area.

But, if you are celebrating an anniversary, new arrival, purchase of a new apartment, 21st birthday, 50th birthday, your recent hole-in-one in golf, or any special occasion La Capilla is special.
olga
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: food Reply with quote

Rule number one, ones mans meat is another mans poison, never recommend a restaurant LOL icon_redface.gif
paulmatthews
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with MSN the food is sometimes great and other times its not. The place itself is worth a visit though.
caravanasetc
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It has Spanish food, prepared and presented the Spanish way - no plastic pictures of hamburgers here. [But, MS you are entitled to your opinion).

What the f*** do "plastic pictures of hamburgers" have to do with Spanish food????

Jose and his mother serve up over cooked local food that leaves a lot to be desired. But the excellent service and amazing setting more than makes up for it. Don't go for the food - go for the ambience. Personally, I love it - in the summer, out in the Italian gardens. I don't go in the winter.
JoeP
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Caravans for a colourful post. I merely pointed out that La Capilla is an excellent restaurant and (to me) everything about the place seems right especially for important family occasions.

I am of a generation of those who does not appreciate pictures of hamburgers, fried eggs, chips, sausages, black-pudding, beans, mushrooms, liver, toast etc within a menu. I feel if a restaurant has to show food in this way, it lacks maturity and even respect for discerning foodies. Furthermore, most of us know what sausages etc look like.

I like a well prepared menu (in Spanish or English) describing the feast ahead. A well laid table, with tablecloth, decent cutlery, non plastic chairs, proper wine glasses and friendly waiters (good food and good chef = utmost importance also). I don't apologise for this.

I would suggest that plastic pictures of food would be more acceptable in MacDonalds or some other Americanised fast-food joints where young children frequent and have difficulties of choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> My Favourite Place All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: