Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - irish vrover
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

irish vrover
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zipskoot
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think your sniffing more than seaweed.
View users profile Send private message
hartcjhart
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_eek.gif small portions at the Beachcomber icon_eek.gif
I think the kitchen must have been having a bad day because portions at the Beachcomber are not small although I suspect every business on the playa are now tightening their belts. Try the place again, I doubt you will be disappointed twice.
Craig.
P.S. thanks for the comment as feedback keeps everyone on their toe's
meanwhile I will go find John and check it was not him cooking as he would probably be saving some for a picnic on his day out fishing icon_biggrin.gif
RoyBoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi went there last week was charged 2.50 for a tinto verano never again R
Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyBoy wrote:
Hi went there last week was charged 2.50 for a tinto verano never again R

Hi Rob, I presume you are not talking about the Beachcomber (Just to be clear) as Tinto Verano is Ä2 at the Beachcomber. I know this is an Irish Rover thread but your comments follow discussions about the Beachcomber, all the best, John.

P.S. Thanks Craig for sticking up for the Beachcomber, portions should always be value for money. If anyone is not satisfied then please say at the time and not just later. The management need this positive feedback to stay on the ball, John.
RoyBoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry John next door R
hartcjhart
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem John,

looking forward to having a 'large portion' icon_eek.gif later this week
JayB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have to say that in 3 years of visiting Mojacar several times a year, Ive only ever had exceptional service and food at Beachcomber. In contrast I've never had good service at Irish Rover. To be fair I've had good food, but more recently its just been greasy and poor quality. The difference is very apparent; in The Beachcomber they seem to care. They are polite, accomodating, and I'm always trying to suss out who is involved in the business and who is staff, because they all behave like they have an interest. Keep up the good work Beachcomber, we are your biggest fans, anyone we talk to at airports, other restaurants etc we always blow your trumpet...
And we've just bought a house on the mountain right behind you, so please keep it up!!!
Christine
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I found the Beechcomber a bit clicky and on the day we went the staff weren't very friendly just the odd off day I expect. The food was fine though. We will try again on our next visit as all the reviews are so good . Before everyone has a go just my opinion of course.
Ponche
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explain clicky because I donīt understand what you mean ??
Personal-CD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponche wrote:
Can you explain clicky because I donīt understand what you mean ??

I think she meant clique.

Gretch
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like all bars, the Beachcomber has its regulars, friends of staff also frequent the bar, so the staff will always appear to be more familiar with some customers than others, some may describe this as cliquey/clicky, I however, think itís quite normal for any bar.

Although Iíve been into the Beachcomber a few times, Iím not known to the staff but Iíve found them, friendly, polite and efficient. icon_biggrin.gif

gretch
Christine
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must have been in on a rare off day then. But we did get left and was served after a table of must have been "known regulars" even though they sat down after us. Position of the bar is good so we will try it again though. See how we get on the next time.

Christine

nfm2862
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Beachcomber Reply with quote

I agree with Gretch.

We always visit the Beachcomber at least once when we are over & we have never had anything but the best of food, brilliant service & great value for money.

The staff don't know us & I don't think we would necessarily be classed as regulars but they are always very friendly & welcoming, even at their busiest times.

Noreen
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to be honest I have never been in the place!!!!,....simply because it didn't exist when I lived there!!!! icon_confused.gif ,........however of all the people I know that have visited Mojacar in recent times, every one of them have nothing but praise for Beachcomber!!!,....."I hope I get to try it someday!!!!!" icon_wink.gif

http://www.myartprofile.com/Ejay

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
JoeP
Advanced
Advanced

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everything is being covered on this topic (Irish Vrover, if you haven't forgotten!!!) except the topic itself. Being as Irish as poteen we always give the place a visit when we are around. The drink is a little dearer there, but entertainment is also supplied. It is a place where we can meet people.

The atmosphere is good and to a certain extent the Irish Rover keeps the Show-Bar flag flying. It never pretended to be anything else, I doubt even if you could call it an Irish Bar. Major Irish sporting events are covered live though even when David Beckham was poncing around the place when he played with Man Utd. Not only that, when there is Scalextric live on television with Lewis What's-his-name driving like blazes, the Irish sport gets prominence instead.

I like the place and must compliment the management for allowing kids to watch live Irish sport on the television. This would not happen in Ireland because young kids are not allowed in pubs. When the Irish Rover was closed some years past it was a topic of conversation as to when/if it would reopen and Mojacar was a lesser place during the closure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Mojacar & Area All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: