Spanish Phrase Book

TV Guide

Contact Us

Advertise

Web Sites

Estate & Rental Agents

Sponsored Links

Viva-Almeria :: View topic - police in mojacar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

police in mojacar
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Please Note that these forums are for discussion, not advertising. If you'd like to advertise or recommend companies, free listings and member reviews can be created in the Viva Directory. Adverts and recommendations will be removed from the forum without notice.

However, it's perfectly acceptable to send a PM to anyone that asks for a recommendation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony57
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: police in mojacar Reply with quote

well guy a girls a lot of you are crying like babys, about the police presence in mojacar?? well if there not there stopping cars and vans and bikes. they will never be alble to get the people who are robbing houses flats bars selling drugs grabbing bags and more. so why dont you give the police a break??? o i see some off you like to come to mojacar avoid paying for a taxi and just get in your car drunk as sacks and drive home... but when and if you do get home without killing yourselfs or some poor sod and your place has been robbed you cry the police dont do anything.. so give them a break cos if your not breaking the law why worrie about being stopped??? or is the point of the matter that your two damm greedy to pay a taxi???? so i sugest some of you shape up or wake up!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message
Mojacar_Ex_Pat
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not only about locals ty, tourists will not put up with this police persecution and my apartment for holiday lets is empty partly because of it, Pat.
ejay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with ty!!! icon_cool.gif ,....there was never a problem in Mojacar with Guardia or Locales, until the place became Bridlington by the Med!!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.myartprofile.com/Ejay

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=1086027&sitename=ejayhughes&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
Mojacar_Ex_Pat
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read a few of your old posts Ejay, bet youve never moved on, still got long hair by any chance?

Most of those agreeing with the police being in Mojacar in numbers dont live or even visit here and I just wonder if high police presence in their town was to cut their income by half they would still think it was right, I think not.

This week I've spent time in towns such as Almeria, Huercal Overa and Garrucha, hardly a policeman to be seen and those that were there were on road work duty etc.

Do you all think its only Mojacar that has drunks and drivers wearing flip flops? And as for them catching robbers have we ever heard of one being caught by them while on, pick on Mojacar duty, no again I think. They are not looking for 42" tvs in the boot and are only interested in sticking blow pipes in the drivers mouth. Pat.
Oakesani
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Mojacar and I don't mind the police - they do what they can to keep the roads safe - we see far too many people in the bars who then drive home.

I personally don't see a problem - if you don't drink and drive then you have nothing to worry about. As for the reference to flip-flops - there is a section in the highway code that states suitable footware - imagine trying to brake hard and your foot slips out of the shoe !!! I can see the reasoning on this - they're not just picking on Mojacar - it's almost a universal driving law.

and Ejay - it's not all like Bridlington by the Med - some parts of Mojacar are still the Mojacar you remember - they can't take the heart out of it - we wouldn't want to be anywhere else icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Anita
keith77
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Do the police recieve all or part of any fines given out,a bit like the speed cameras that raise so much revenue in the uk.Supposidly all ploughed back into road safety,but all parties seem to get a share of monies.
regards
Keith
Mojacar_Ex_Pat
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakesani wrote:
I can see the reasoning on this - they're not just picking on Mojacar - it's almost a universal driving law.

Oakisani, thats the point they are and are not not attacking other towns as they are Mojacar. Lets see it happening in the other towns I mentioned, of course we wont there more Spanish. Just a point how many Guardia are up the Pueblo breathalysing the locals, I dont know the answer but maybe Lenox can tell us? and maybe Angie too as she lives up there. Pat.
tony57
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way round it is dont drink i repeat DONT DRINK AND DRIVE cos it kills plain and simple cos the ones who do drink and drive may just may spend many years wasting away in a jail and rightfully so... take a life suffer all your life.. some folk in mojacar need to stop being so selfish and greedy and pay for a taxi... i will be happy the more police there is in mojacar.. ..
Oakesani
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sit and have a coffee or two (possibly sit there for a couple of hours sometimes) on the Playa near the Red Cross, and have very often seen a police car pulling occasional cars in. They do not know who are in the cars when they pull them in, can't tell what nationality and of course they would have more cars to check here - everyone makes their way to the coast for a day out - so no point in going inland to the towns, there's no traffic there - it's all on the coast.
tony57
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in the one year i have lived in mojacar, i have been stopped by the red cross twice, but guess what, i had no problem, cos i was not breaking the law, and my car is british plated, but as i said no probs blow in the pipe if your clear you go simple if not you get hammered in the pocket and rightfully so.. cheers ty....
lenox
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody is breaking some law or other if the police want to be tricky. I think that Mojácar was famous in the old days as a boozers' resort - and is now famous for being a place where you get fined. Me, I can't afford a drink at the moment icon_sad.gif
The Madrid people (Madrileños) have a joke: 'Did you bring back a souvenir back from Mojácar? 'Yes, a multa...'
So yes, we are all alive and un-injured. However, the businesses here and the tourism is suffering thanks to the extreme policing. In America, they have to have 'cause' to stop you. Here they just have 'quotas'.

cab2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the worm turns, its not that long ago some of the more established residents of Mojacar bemoaned the presence of the "bucket and spade" brigade, clogging up the Playa and the Pueblo, and snaffling car parking spaces from under the long suffering residents noses, not to mention interupting the peace of their local watering hole by actually frequenting it and heaven forbid enjoying themselves, now the tourists are saying adios and going elsewhere where hopefully the locals will be a bit more welcoming, but it seems now they will be missed icon_eek.gif
lenox
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's still early days - we shall be as sick of the visitors, tourists or what-have-yous, together with the queues, the clogged beach-road and the looky looky men soon enough...
Meanwhile, San Juan (bonfires on the beach, all night fireworks and music) on Wednesday. Mojácar Gay Pride Day (with the mojacar PSOE for some reason) on Saturday... it's all go.

tony57
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepino wrote:
ty wrote:
well in the one year i have lived in mojacar, i have been stopped by the red cross twice, but guess what, i had no problem, cos i was not breaking the law, and my car is british plated, .. cheers ty....

you are breaking the law if you are still driving on UK plates after living here for a year. Six months is the maximum permitted. As you are breaking that law, your insurance may well be invalid. I suggest you hand yourself in at the nearest nick, confess to your crime and be prepared to be the bitch of some hairy-arsed Spanish gangster during your forthcoming incarceration.
cos i have, lived in mojacar a year does not mean i have had the same british plated car a year twit ..........
tony57
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif twit twit and more twit icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Viva-Almeria Forum Index -> Mojacar & Area All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: